I've spent most of the week moving the bedrooms around so that Rhian can go in to her new room (the old spare room), Jaynie can go in to her new room (Rhian's old room), and I can get the baby's room finished before she gets here.
Actually, It's not so much getting the baby's room ready, more like getting Jaynie settled and into a routine of sleeping in a big girls bed before the baby arrives!
Anyway, Jaynie had her first night in her new room last night, and although I thought it was going to be loooooong night after about the 15th time I put her back in to bed, she finally settled down and only stirred once at about midnight!
No falling out of bed, no getting out of bed, no crying for her old cot - just sleep!
She woke up at 5.50am (completely normal for her) so I went and got her and snuggled in our bed for 10 minutes before Jeremy's alarm went off and we started the day.
She is currently having her first day sleep in her big girl bed, and I only had to put her back to bed 3 times this afternoon - YAY!
Maybe it might be a little easier than I thought?
Rhian comes back on Monday, and she will go in to her new room too - she is so excited about it - she is getting the queen size bed and thinks she is just the bees knees!
Plus she got to pick out some art work for her walls, and I was really surprised when she chose some lovely flower prints - I'm also thrilled that it wasn't posters of One Direction! hehehe....
Anyway, all the moving furtniture and sorting out clothes and drawers etc has taken it's toll a bit, and I have a really achey pelvis.
I already had sore bits and spoke to the midwife about it on Monday after my scan. She seemed to think it was ligaments and muscles etc but told me that if it got too painful to let her know....
Well, last night I could barely walk, but by the time I thought about ringing her it was 10pm and I don't like annoying anyone!
Anyway, I woke up this morning feeling fine and dandy, however this afternoon it seems to have flared up again :(
It's worse when I get up after sitting, and once I start to walk I'm usually OK.
Not sure if it is sciatica starting up even earlier than with my last too pregnancies or not?
It sometimes feels the same, then other times feels completely different - if that makes any sense at all??
On the up side - little Miss inside is really active at times, and I had almost forgotten how cool it feels to have a baby wriggling around inside you!
I love the sensation!
OK - someone remind me that I said that when I'm absolutely huge and there are arms and legs going in all directions would ya?!
While we were away, Jeremy's mate from down the road finished off the retaining wall/garden seating in the back yard - it was brilliant to come home to it all being completed!
This weekend is going to involve back filling it all with top soil and choosing plants to go behind the seating... I can't wait to have the back yard completely done, although I think that will be a while off, as it involves a lot of concreting, and now that I'm married to a contractor, we will be last on the list!!!
Righto - better go check on Miss Jaynie, make sure she hasn't fallen out of her bed!
Have a great weekend everyone!
Woo hoo for Miss Jaynie. She is a big girl now. I;m sure as the days go by she will find that getting out of bed isn't an option, especially when Rhian comes home and is in her own bed too.
ReplyDeleteYou take care Mrs "I can do it". No more shifting stuff around. I know you too well....there is a lot of me in you LOL.
Actually you sound a bit like I was when carrying you and probably the midwife is right about the muscles and ligaments. Just be careful though :)
How great that the back wall was done while you were away. That would have been nice to come home to.
Have a great weekend and we'll talk soon.
Luv ya
xoxoxo
Go and rest.Everything will still be there tomorrow,the next day etc.Take care of yourself and that little bundle of joy.
ReplyDeleteWay to go little Jaynie.Who's a big girl now.
Southgirl xx
I love the one direction comment! Lol!
ReplyDelete