Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Tuesday 16th August 2011


It's my birthday today.... Happy Birthday to me :)


I've spent the day at home... I was supposed to be going to the funeral of my Great Aunty Isobel, but the weather (that EVERYONE is talking about) put a halt to that plan!
Daycare was closed yesterday and today - because of the snow, so instead of risking the drive up to Foxton with this totally unpredictable weather, I stayed at home with Jaynie in the warmth.


Jeremy gave me a gorgeous bottle of perfume - Givenchy Very Irresistible - for those playing at home :)
And we are just gonna have takeaways at home tonight instead of trying to go out in the snow.
Although, I literally just got off the phone to him, and he is trying to get home right now, but isn't having much luck!!! A 10 minute car ride has so far taken him half an hour, and he hasn't even
got to the "hill" yet!
The hill actually got closed last night, so I'm hoping that it wont be closed before he gets to it!
I don't fancy spending my birthday night alone in the cold!


So, yeah..... it's snowing here too!
Like the other parts of the country that doesn't see the snow - we are all totally amazed by it!
But..... on Sunday it was fun and magical and funny.
Last night, when the power went off for the second time, we weren't liking it all so much anymore.
Then of course today, when I had to make the decision to not go to the funeral, I really started to dislike the snow in a big way!
Just sitting in my lounge, looking out to see the street covered and feeling the temperature
dropping even further, is still totally amazing... but like I said - the novelty has worn off, and I'd like to go back to just our "normal" winter weather please!


Righto - Jaynie is waking up, so best I go get a bottle ready for her.


Oh yeah, the other thing that I can't quite believe, is that I am now 39!!!
I'm in the last year of my 30's!!!
I'm not old enough to be 39!!!!!


EDITED TO ADD:


Jeremy got home.... JUST!!



They closed the hill after he got through... I'm just thrilled he got through!!

It's waaaaaay worse now than what it has been over the past few days... wonder if we will get snowed in tonight? hehehe....

Bloody cold!



And here is the GORGEOUS gift that I had delivered to me today from my beautiful family in

Sydney:



A "Bouquet" of Ferrero Rocher chocolates and a bottle of bubbly!

BLISS!!!




7 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY Chick... I hope J gets home so you can have a lovely evening in with him.
    Freezing here too.. so not nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday hopes its an awesome day

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday, have an awesome night :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday Jo, glad he got home! We are freezing in Auckland and really shouldn't be complaining - I used to live in Dunedin and it is much worse in Christchurch. Take care and keep warm, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  5. And sorry about your Great Aunt, that is really sad. xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday! I'm so glad that Jeremy made it home tonight :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. sorry I'm late, but Happy Birthday!!!! Hope you enjoyed the rest of you day & week. xo

    ReplyDelete