Thursday, August 25, 2011

Thursday 25th August 2011

My messy (but gorgeous) wee girl....






And again, but this time, all clean :) She is eating mashed veges at night now, just a little bit, but it is a start, that's for sure!
Since going to the Dr on Tuesday, and starting on antibiotics, she has perked up dramatically!
And... she is sleeping WAY better now too! In fact, the past 2 nights she has only woken up once, and then she goes straight back to sleep again after I have given her a bottle!
It's BLISS!


So..... that means that I am feeling much more human again, and once I have Rhian sorted (that is a whole other story!!), then my life will be great!Not sure if it is the age that she is at, but a bit of an attitude is starting to develop, and the back chat is doing my head in at times!
I KNOW that I need to be tougher on her, and be a Mum first, rather than a friend, but it's really hard when I see her little face fall if I tell her off.... I just think she is such a sensitive wee thing, and she has her feeling hurt very easily - wonder where she gets that from!?!?!?
Anyway - that is something that I need to work on, and work on it I shall!


I've been umm-ing and ahh-ing about going to an "unofficial school reunion" in Foxton at Labour weekend, and today, I finally made the decision to go (thanks to Steph for convincing me!)
I registered and paid straight away, so there is no backing out now! Exciting!
It's also given me a bit of a wake up call..... I have about 7kgs to drop to get back to my lowest ever weight of 83kgs, and I want to be as low as I can be for the reunion!
That means a LOT of hard work between now and then - 8 weeks!!
I'm not going to make any bold statements here, and declare that I will lose 7kgs in 8 weeks, cos hey, look at where that has got me in the past?!?
NOWHERE.... and disappointed in myself :(
But...... I will go so far as to say that I am gonna give it a damn good nudge, cos I want to be lighter than what I am now!!


And........ another upcoming event on my "social calendar" is a Rugby World Cup game!
I have been invited (along with my co-worker) by one of our suppliers (who happen to be a major sponsor of the RWC) to go to one of the Semi-Final games!
I was gob-smacked when I was told that I am one of 3 people going from the company I work for....
It's a huge deal, and to be selected it SO COOL!
I just hope that NZ are playing! hehehe...


Righto - time to go and visit with my baby girl.... I LOVE lunchtimes, cos it means lots of cuddles for me :)
Unless she is sleeping of course ;)







5 comments:

  1. Jaynie is so cuuute!!

    Rhians attitude is an age thing but as hard as it is you do need to nip it in the bud sooner rather than later otherwise it just gets harder. Also - the sad hurt look, if she knows that affects you it it amazing how they can turn it on when required :-).

    ReplyDelete
  2. The losses are so hard to come by in the 80's Jo! They truly do my head in lol...but we will get there :) BTW Does Jaynie have the biggest most gorgeous eyes or what!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum, veges! She is darn cute even with her face covered with her dinner.
    so glad she is sleeping through the night now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh forgot, Rhian... it's the age. It will only get worse. Just saying.
    But I agree with Tracy, you need to harden up a bit or she will walk all over you.
    And then when she's a teenager you will be in for TROUBLE.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG look at those lovely eyes.... and good luck with Rhian :-)

    ReplyDelete