Tuesday, December 16, 2008
Tuesday 16th December
HOLY SHIT!!!
It's Christmas NEXT WEEK!!!!!
How the hell did that happen then?????
Rhian convinced me to get a Christmas tree, so we toddled off to the Warehouse last night and invested in a "lovely" artificial monstrosity that I am sure will probably fall to bits after one use......... but at least it is a Christmas tree right?
We were supposed to decorate it up last night, but on our way home from shopping, decided to call in to Aunty Ali's place to wish them safe travels for their overseas jaunt....
Well, we ended up staying for dinner and Rhian got to have a run around with Ethan & Quinn so it was great!
Tonight we are going to decorate the tree, and also wrap the presents that she "bought" for everyone.
My girl was so concerned that she didn't have presents to give to anyone, so she managed to convince me that we needed to go shopping - AGAIN!!!!
Now, I have absolutely no freaken money, so the $2 shop was where we headed, and she was allowed to pick out the presents for everyone....
Well, not really EVERYONE....... just Nana, Grandad, Aunty Steph, Aunty Lisa, Daddy, Granny, Ganka, and Aunty Julie.
I am SURE that everyone will be THRILLED with their gifts.................. hahahahahahahahahaha.
Gran is getting a pretty pink plastic case for her glasses.
Ganka is getting a sparkly red butterfly on a stick for his garden
Aunty Julie is getting a pretty pink lipstick and matching nailpolish (which I am sure she chose cos she KNOWS that Aunty Julie will share it with her!)
Daddy is getting a sparkly windmill that twirls in the wind for his garden.
Nana is getting............. well - you will just have to wait and see!!!!!!!!!!
She even wanted to buy Jeremy a gift, and who was I to say no?
I tried, but she got all upset when I said that we wouldn't see him......
So, he is also getting a sparkly butterfly for his garden!!!
I probably should have been tougher and said NO, full stop.
But I just couldn't!
Speaking of Jeremy, he called this morning and said that he is sick of the cats, and that I needed to rehome them!
Now I know that I offered to do that when we first split, but hang on....... it's now nearly four weeks later and he still expects me to do it?
Hmmmmmmmmm, seems I must be a soft touch still.
I've flicked off an email to the Cats Protection League, and hopefully they will come back to me today.
Jeremy is having major problems with a yucky horrid cat that has been hanging around for months and months.
It came inside and pissed on his bed a couple of weeks ago, and last night it came in and pissed in the lounge again.
Plus his two cats are starting to hunt, and have found a love for birds - dead birds in a million pieces scattered through the house!!!!!
Ah well....... hindsight says we should never have got the cats to start with, but who was to know how things were going to turn out.
Hopefully they can be rehomed together and be happy!!
My thoughts yesterday were constantly flicking to Janene, who had her Gastric Bypass surgery in Hamilton yesterday afternoon.
Glad to hear last night (via text) that she had come through her surgery fine and apart from feeling that she'd had a massive ab work out, all is well.
I can't believe that will be me in just 6 weeks!!!
FREAKY!!!
I told my Aunty and cousins last night about the surgery, and they were all so supportive......
I don't know why I was so scared of telling them before to be honest!
I guess it just has to be the "right" time for me.
Anyway, now is the "right" time to go get some lunch before an afternoon full of meetings.......
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Can't wait til Christmas Day to see what we have got from Rhian. I am sure Aunty Lisa, Aunty Steph Grandad & I will all be delighted.....after all, the sweet wee girl thought of us and chose them herself. :) Guess you will be posting Aunty Steph's LOL You are bringing up a very thoughtful little girl and she is a credit to all your hard work even when at times you could probably pull your hair out!!!!!! I know I did with the 3 of you....ROFL. Roll on Christmas. :)
ReplyDeleteWell done on feeling brave enough to tell Ali & co. I am sure they will be of great support in the months ahead. Lets hope Uncle Jamie doesn't get A & J into strife on their travels!! LOL
Luv Ya
Ma xoxoxo
Thanks! going to take the $2 shop on board as our two little grandsons want to shop for their mum and dad (and it looks like I'm paying!) LOL - one thinks his mum wants a skirt and despite being thin - she has the ankles - so skirts are out!
ReplyDeleteI'm sure that when and if you feel ready to talk so many people will be understanding.