What a great weekend I have had....
I headed up to Foxton with Rhian after work on Friday night, and stayed there until Sunday afternoon. SOOOOOO relaxing!
It's funny, I haven't been sleeping very well at all lately, yet Friday night at Mum's place, I just crashed!!
I think it is something to do with it being "home"
I love sleeping there.... so comforting and calm.
Anyway, Saturday saw us head up to visit with Janene, and also catch up with Janine, which was fabulous, as they are both at completely different points in their weightloss surgery journeys.
I couldn't believe how well Janene was getting around, and I am sure that my plans of being waited on hand and foot at Mum's while recuperating, are now out the window, cos Mum saw how well she was too! bugger! lol
Back to mum's again, and dinnertime...
Then a bit of chilling out and then a relatively early night.
Unfortunately Saturday night wasn't as good for me, as I had a little blonde visitor in my bed at 2.20am!
Instead of just putting her back to bed, I let her stay in bed with me, and man o man did she wriggle and move all bloody night!!!
Sunday we came home again in the afternoon, then headed off to Sharon's place for a Roast beef dinner - YUM!!!
Work today, and Kindy for my girl.
She is now at her dad's place for a week, and I am already missing her like crazy!!!
He has her for Christmas Day, but Mum, Dad and I will head out to Chris's place on Christmas morning to open presents with her.
COOL!!!
Then we will leave her with her dad and his fmaily, then head in to Lisa's place and do presents with her kids.
Then we will leave her with her dad and his fmaily, then head in to Lisa's place and do presents with her kids.
Then it is off to her husbands parents place (next door) for Christmas lunch.
I think then I am going to head back out to Sue's place, and spend the rest of the day hanging out there.
I'm working right through and only have the Statutory days off, and since most of my office is having the days off between Christmas and New Years, it will be bloody quiet for me - YAY!!!
I am starting early tomorrow morning (7am), which in turn means that I will finish early too - gotta love that!!!
It's Richard's (my manager) birthday tomorrow, so I have tried out a new recipe for a cake.
Actually, I tried TWO new recipes tonight, but the first one was an absolute disaster!
It was a flourless chocolate cake, but it turned out like mush and I threw it out pretty much as soon as it came out of the oven.
The next is a pineapple cake with just three ingredients - Flour, Sugar and crushed Pineapple.
It smells lovely, but wont know what it tasts like until tomorrow I guess *wink*
I still have to ice it, so will have to be up extra early in the morning..... ugh!!!
Ooooo.... I got a major BARGAIN tonight!!!
I had to nip out and buy a "ring tin" to bake the cake in, and while I was at Briscoes, I took a look at some pots.
I only have one, as my others were cheap ones that had been wrecked over the past two years.
Anyway............. I got a 16cm Copper Base Saucepan - Original price was $59.99 (yes, that is for ONE pot!!) down to just $19.99!!!
AND................ I got a 20cm universal steamer (that fits the pot) - Original price was $79.99, down to just $24.99!!!!
I was absolutely wrapped with them btoh, cos I thought I was going to have to buy cheap ones again!
YAY me!!!!!
Righto......... Here are some photos that I have been meaning to post for a while...
Rhian engrossed in wrapping presents, Rhain with the tree.
The blue chair is what my dining room chairs used to look like, but I decided to give them a bit of a facelift, and make them match my new lounge suite better (it is Burgundy & Gold)
Rhians new Bike - her Christmas Present
My bedroom, Rhians Bedroom, my lounge, & my new fridge
The chairs look really great. Well done. In fact the place is looking really good with all your things in it. :)
ReplyDeleteToo bad those cakes didn't turn out LOL
Luv Ya
ma xoxoxo
You home looks lovely!
ReplyDeleteHave a great Christmas Jo and Rhian - and all the best for 2009!!!