Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Tuesday 11th November


My big girl had her last day at Daycare last Friday.
We went to the supermarket on the way there and she picked out two sponge cakes - one pink and one chocolate, some lollipops, and some clinker lollies.
They had a little party for her in the afternoon, everyone got to have a piece of cake and a lollipop and a lollie, and then they all heard about how Rhian was now a "big kindy girl" and that she wouldn't be going to Daycare anymore.
I got there at the tail end of the party, but it was cool to see her LOVING being the centre of attention!
That's my girl!!  

So.... yesterday morning, she had her first full official day at Kindy.
We got up early and packed her lunch box, made sure she had her new Barbie drink bottle, and a bag full of extra clothes.
When I spoke to Chris last night, it seems that she had a fantastic day and her and her best friend Poppy were practically joined at the hip for the entire day.
I'm so glad we were able to get her in to Kindy, I just KNOW that she will thrive there and it will be great to prepare her for school next year.

She is growing up so fast..... the bike that I got for her last Christmas is already getting to the "too small" stage, so this Christmas I am looking at getting her another bike, slightly larger, with the intention of it lasting a few years, so I will spend a bit more on it than the $40 or so I spent on the last one....
I have strict instructions that it still has to have training wheels though!  She is not quite ready to give up that little bit of security just yet :)

Things with me are going well..... I can'[t believe that it has been two weeks already since my Dr appointment!
That means that it is just three weeks until I make the trip to Hamilton to meet with Mr Schroeder and his team to discuss surgery options.
I'm still as nervous as hell, but on the same hand, I am just trying to take one day at a time, and soak up as much information as I possibly can about the whole thing.
I have been making healthier food choices in the last week, and just doing little things like making sure I incorporate more fruit in to my diet and drink water etc.
I definitely don't want to be heavier when I see the team in Hamilton than what I was when I saw my Dr, and according to my scales, I wont be.
Although in saying that - there was a 4kg difference in my scales at home, and the scales at my Dr's surgery.....
Ah well, what will be will be.......

I have been reading sooooo much about people who have had various types of Obesity Surgery, and was surprised to find out that an ex-girlfriend of a guy that I used to work with had the surgery last year.
Now I knew this girl when her and I went to the same gym..... I was sitting at around 110kgs, and she was about 170kgs.
I remember looking at her thinking that I used to be close to what she weighed, and being grateful that I didn't look like that anymore.
Well.......... the tables have most certainly been turned!!!
She had surgery in October of last year, and has gone on to lose 89kg in the 13 months since.

The pictures I have seen, make her look like a totally different person, and the pride and happiness radiate from her.
She has not only transformed her body, but also her mind and her soul.
The gym is still a big part in her life, and she has since started running as well.
The job that she was in fear of losing because of her weight, is now much more secure, and in fact she has gone on to a more specialised field.... something that she only ever dreamed of before being obese.
She has taken the "tool" that she has been given and run with it..... far exceeding her own expectations, but loving every step of her journey.
I can only hope that I can be a success story like her..........
It is truly inspirational to see and hear of people like this, and it makes me realise that dreams really are possible :)

I got ruthless on the weekend.......... well not really really ruthless, but I cleaned out my wardrobe.
I boxed up all of the clothes that no longer fit me.
So now, all that is left in my wardrobe are the clothes that fit me RIGHT NOW.
It was heartbreaking to see the gorgeous clothes that I once fitted, and even some that were loose.
There are dresses and skirts and trousers and jeans and tops and just everything.
I didn't get rid of them, they are all boxed up and sitting out in the garage.
But seeing them hanging in my wardrobe and knowing that I am kilos and kilos away from fitting them, is depressing.
ONE DAY!!!!!

Jeremy has been going well on the Reductil.
Once he got over his headache last week, he said that he already notices that he is feeling fuller earlier, and not "needing" to eat that last slice of bread or extra helping of whatever.
Although he says that the scales haven't really moved, I am pretty sure he is happy with where he is at and what he is doing!
We had a couple of night last week when we both had a bit too much to drink, and unfortunately it was me that ended up with the hangover on Saturday morning!
I had a "few" wines with Sonya on Thursday night, then did it all over again on Friday night, except Friday night we decided that TWO bottles EACH would be a good idea!!
Jeremy and Sonya's husband just looked on bemused and we got more and more pissed as the night went on, and by 10pm I was falling asleep on the couch, unable to even drink the last glass out of my 2nd bottle!
I LOVE a glass of wine, and I hate to say that I am a classic binge drinker!
More often than not, I will start out with the best of intentions, and just have "one" glass.
That one glass usually turns in to "one more" which then sees the bottle being emptied, and sometimes another opened!
Although in saying that, I am quite capable of going out and just having ONE glass of wine, or just ONE beer.
So I don't think I actually have a problem as such.
I guess I just love the feeling that I get when I drink.
I feel more confident, I don't care so much what I look like, and sometimes I even manage to trick my mind in to believing that I am not morbidly obese!!!
The inhibitions slip away and I let my guard down and enjoy myself.
I'm gonna have to work on that one!!!   hehehehehe

Just as an aside....... I have read that ONE glass of wine after gastric bypass surgery, is the equivalent to FIVE glasses of wine pre-op!
I'll have to get that clarified me thinks :)  hehehehe

I have my car back.
I got it back last week, but they hadn't fixed the seat, or the front dash, so it went back to the garage yesterday to have the last couple of things done to it, and I am thrilled to have it back again!
It is almost as good as new - just have to keep it that way!!!!!
Rhian told me to "Drive carefully Mumma, cos we don't want to have another accident do we?"!!!!!
Cute!!

Oh yeah........ the other day she was waiting for me in the car before we could go to the supermarket.
She was obviously getting annoyed with me taking so long, and as I walked up tot he car, she exclaimed
"Come on Woman!!!  What is taking you so long?!"
I couldn't help but crack up at that one!
Funny thing is, is that Jeremy has never said that to me, so she must have heard her dad say it to his girlfriend I reckon!  hehehe

Righto......... I am sure that I had a million and one other things to say here, but I can't think of anything else!

Oh yeah............. this time next year (if I have the surgery) I am hoping to be fit enough to be able to play in the company indoor soccer team!
How is that for a goal?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

1 comment:

  1. She may have heard you remark to me re hurrying up......ROFL :)
    Luv Ya
    Ma

    ReplyDelete