Sunday, November 23, 2008

Sunday 23rd November

Where to start?

I'm still a bit numb..... I'm a little bit lost, and a lot sad.

Jeremy and I ended our relationship in spectacular fashion yesterday.

I can't say it was a surprise, but it still hurts.

Most of my stuff is in a storage unit, the rest is in rubbish bags in a friends garage.

36 year old homeless Solo mum.

Fan-fucken-tastic!!!

Yeah - I'm bitter.

I "should" have been sorted by now!

But no..... once again I gave too much love to the wrong man, and it is now over.

Yes it was quick.

Yes it was nasty.

Was it unexpected?

Hell no.

I haven't been happy for a while, but felt I "should" stay.

Dunno why - I don't even know where to begin with the psycho-analysis on THAT one!

Anyway, I have since realised that I have the most amazing family and friends that anyone could ever wish for.

How I will ever repay them is beyond me, but they are all heroes in my eyes.

Tonight I am at mums, tomorrow I will go back to Wellington and spend the day looking for a flat.

Tomorrow night (and the remainder of the week) I will stay at a friends place (from work) who lives alone in her huge 4 bedroom house, and fingers crossed, I will find a place of my own pretty quick.

Not much more to say to be honest..... and after having 6 hours sleep since Thursday, I'm bursting in to tears at the drop of a hat....... like now.

Why can't I have the fairy tale???

4 comments:

  1. Huge hugs Jo. Don't know what to say really. They say everything happens for a reason, but as my daughter says she sometimes wishes she knew what the hell the reason was! A huge upheaval but I'm sure you will soon find a place for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hon, there is no 'fairy tale' I'm afraid... we just make do with what we've got and hope and pray that we can be happy with that - we all know that shit happens but how we deal with it is up to us. You have had a lot of shit, but you always stand up and deal with it in the best way you can - that to me is worth way more in a person than presenting the 'fairy tale' image to the world. You are a strong, independent woman with a beautiful daughter and you will handle this as you always do, with a little bit of help from your friends and family and a lot of help from yourself - you are so much stronger than you give yourself credit for! I love you heaps baby sis and you can always call me... xxx.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As Lisa says you are a strong woman. The confidence is a little 'lost' at the moment but it will come back. I saw signs of that shine through over the past couple of days and together with family and true friends you will come through all of this stronger, more confident, wiser and much happier than you ever thought possible.
    Now begins the journey to the "real Jo" that we know has been hiding somewhere inside you needing to shine and break through the veneer you have built up over the years. As a family we are all here for you as are your good friends. Make the most of us to be the best you can be.
    Goosey gander luv ya to the moon & back. See ya later alligator & don't let the bugs bite :-)
    Ma xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous girl! I truely believe you'll find 'your' fairy tale. Maybe you've just been reading the wrong books! And hey if you you can't find it............ write your own :) Love you xxx

    ReplyDelete