Monday, November 17, 2008
Monday 17th November
Well, the weekend passed by in a bit of a blur.... seems that the less I did the faster the time went!!!
Last Thursday I met up with a girl who had Gastric Bypass surgery 8 weeks ago.
She belongs to an internet group that I joined up to get information from.
Turns out she lives not far from me, and we met up for coffee at Queensgate on Thursday night after work.
I am SOOOO GLAD that I met her!
She is gorgeous and young and vibrant and excited and so easy to talk to!!!
She has had some setbacks along the way, but is still positive and full of energy and just absolutely GLOWING!
It was awesome to meet her, and it was just like talking to a younger version of myself I reckon!
She was like me - she wanted to know EVERYTHING, the good, the bad, and the bloody terrible.
FANTASTIC!!!
I can see her and I being in contact for a long time - YAY!!!!!
Now, while I am on the subject of the surgery etc..... it looks like Jeremy wont be coming to my original appointments in Hamilton, as he cannot get leave!
Turns out that his company are closing down over Christmas and he has no choice but to take leave then.
They close from the 19th December to the 12th January, and he doesn't have enough leave for that long, so he is hoping that he can go back to work on the 5th January, which will save him having to take leave without pay (which we can't afford)
Being a sales rep, there is always plenty for him to do, but with a lot of his customers also closing for the holiday period,. it will be up to his boss to say whether he can go back early.
FINGERS CROSSED!
So........... like I said, he cant get time off for my first trip to Hamilton, but we are hoping that he will be able to take time off when (and IF) I have the op.
Again..... FINGERS CROSSED!
And more on the surgery thing...... I was thinking about who knows and why I haven't told many people I am looking at this option.....
The only people that know are: My Family - Mum, Dad, Lisa, Steph, Jeremy & Chris (yes I class them all as my family - even my ex-husband!!)
The people who read my blog, and since I made it private, I have only given access to FOUR people!!! Janine, Janene, Anne & Rose.
Three people at work - Anne (a very special friend of mine who would do anything for anyone, and even offered to come to Hamilton to be a support for me!!). Ange (an old friend who I supported through IVF over the past few years, who I am now thrilled to report is due to have her precious pink bundle in February 09), and Andrew, my immediate Manager.
So there ya have it.
Just a handful of people know for now, and to be honest, I am not too sure if I will ever be comfortable about telling people!
So many people see it as the "easy way out" and although I KNOW it is not, I am still too worried about what everyone thinks, to be able to handle the negativity that will go along with telling some people that I know.
For example..... I have sworn Jeremy to secrecy. He is not allowed to tell his family at all. Not because I don't want them to know, but more because I don't want a couple of the cousins to know. I can just imagine the comments I would get from a couple of the girls in his extended family.
To be honest, I would rather just have them not know at all, than feel like I have to justify my decision.
Maybe one day I will shout it from the rooftops, but for now....... it's my little secret!
And yours of course too!!! hehehe
I had so much more to say, but I am the only one at work today, and it has now taken me the better part of five hours to get this far in my entry, so I'm gonna sign off here and hope to be able to continue tomorrow - or maybe later tonight!
I'm off to get Rhian after work today - YAY!!!!!
I have missed her like crazy over the weekend and can't wait to see that gorgeous face of hers!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
My lips are sealed LOL :)
ReplyDeleteHave fun with little Miss Wainui :)
Luv to you all
Ma xoxoxo
My lips are sealed as well:-)
ReplyDelete