Well, the sugar buzz wore off on the kids on Saturday night.............. SO I THOUGHT!!!
5am Sunday morning the little buggers were up and giggling!!!
I told them all off, and told them that it was still the middle of the night and that they had to be quiet and go back to sleep..... YEAH RIGHT!!!!
That lasted about 30 seconds!!!
At about 5.30am, we heard two sets of little girls footsteps down the hallway, accompanied by stiffled giggles....
Two little heads appeared around the doorway, and when they saw me move my head, they both took off at a great rate of knots back up the hallway, giggling all the way!!!
By 6am we'd had enough of the laughing and sshhhhhing, I got up and turned the TV on in the lounge for them.
But of course then they were hungry and wanted eggs on toast!!!
So I was up at 7am on Sunday morning cooking eggs on toast for 3 under 5 year olds, a 14 year old, and Jeremy!!!
What a great way to start the morning........ NOT!!!!
We were both knackered, cos we were up watching TV until about 1am! STOOPID MOVE!! LOL
Anyway, the kids got dropped off back to their parents, and we got on with the day...
I guess the only other exciting thing that I got up to, was cutting Rhian's hair!
We had tears and tantrums when I tried to brush out the knotted mess that was her hair, and it was so knotted in one part that I actually had to cut out the knots!!!
I got so frustrated with it, that I put it up in to a ponytail, then cut about an inch off it!!!!
Of course when we got home from church I realised that it was crooked, so we washed it, and out came the scissors again, and another 2 - 3 inches came off it!!!
I'm thinking that I did a pretty good job......
It's still long enough to put up into a ponytail, but it is SOOOOO much easier to brush, and there are NO matted ends! BLISS!!!
So.............. Monday means that another weekend over and done with, and we got quite a bit done around the house - YAY!!
Y'all must be getting sick of DIY talk and photos, but tough - cos here are some more!
The doors have gone back on tonight, so it meant that I could finish Rhian's room.
And while I was hanging a picture, I decided I didn't want the bunks up anymore, so I put them down, and now have two single beds in her room instead.
A HECK of a lot easier to make that's for sure!!!
GReat minds think alike :) I was going to suggest putting the bunks down .... LOL Much easier to make and saves fights over who is going on the top bunk when extras come to stay. LOL :) The room looks great. Also well done on the haircut. The princess's locks will be much easier to do and a bonus with no more tears.
ReplyDeleteLuv Ya
Ma xoxoxo
Ahhh, little girls and long hair... I know the frustration of that only too well! The room looks very cute.
ReplyDeleteCongrats to your brother in law - how exciting!!
ReplyDeleteRhain's room is looking lovely. Also her shorter hair, will be heaps easier.