Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Tuesday 22nd April


Wednesday 16th April
Went to a Sue's place for dinner, took macaroni cheese - how unexciting!!
But, it went down a treat, and everyone loved it, so it was all good.
We talked a lot of drivel, but had a good laugh, and it is always good to catch up with Sharon and Sue.
I got home at about 10pm, and Jeremy had beaten me home!
Totally shocked me, as the meeting he went to usually leads to "drinks" afterwards, and it is not unusual for him to stagger in the door well after midnight!
I was pleasantly surprised that's for sure!
Things are certainly changing!

Thursday 17th April
I wasn't feeling the best when I woke up on Thursday morning, and I certainly can't blame it on any alcohol - as I drank lemonade all night!!!
By 11am, I'd hit the wall, so I took half a day and headed home to bed.
Slept from the moment my head hit the pillow, through until Jeremy rang at about 4.30pm to see how I was.
I was feeling remarkably chipper, so I agreed to go out for dinner with one of his clients and the wife.
This is the customer that he took to Melbourne back in January of this year, and we all get on like a house on fire.
We haven't caught up properly since Melbourne, so I really wanted to see them again.
We went for a few drinks first, of which I had ONE glass of wine....
Then headed off to the restaurant, where I had another glass of wine, and the most amazing rolled pork loin thing I have EVER tasted!!!!
Buzz Cafe in Lower Hutt - IT ROCKS!!!!
We laughed and talked for what seemed like hours, but in actual fact, we were home by 10pm!  
SOBER!!!!
Just the way I like it!!!
By the end of the night, my headache had resurfaced, so I was glad of a reasonably early night.

Friday 18th April
Today was a "Mental Health Day"
I woke up with the headache still thumping away in my temples, so I opted to stay in bed and take some more pain killers.
I slept until about 11am, then decided that I was feeling too good to stay in bed, but not well enough to go to work....
ARGH!!!!
So, I headed off to a Jo's place and had a coffee with her and Danielle turned up as well with Maddy her daughter, so it was a good chance to catch up with her, as I have only seen her in passing at church the past few weeks and haven't really had much of a chance to talk to her....

It was good and relaxing and just nice!!
That night I went off to catch up with another couple of friends that I haven't seen for ages!
We had planned to have dinner back in February, but it was the night after I ended up in hospital so I obviously didn't make it!
Anyway, it is always fantastic to get together with Helena and Rach, and we laughed our butts off for a few hours!!
My cheek muscles were aching by the end of the night, it was FANTASTIC!!!!!!
I got home to find Jeremy still painting, and his mate James had turned up to help as well!
They had basically finished all the undercoating and prep work, and also painted the ceilings in Rhian's room and the hallway, so it was all ready to start on the top coat on Saturday morning.

Saturday 19th April
Well, I was woken up by Jeremy at 6.30am cos he wanted to get started on the painting, but I managed to convince him that I needed a bit more sleep, so he was gracious enough to leave me for another hour while he did some stuff on his work laptop - bless him!
Of course 7.30am came and there was NO CHANCE of getting any more sleep as the curtains were pulled open and the painting clothes were pulled from the drawer!!!
We got stuck in to it, and I painted the top coat on the doorframes and windows, while he concentrated on the walls.

It took most of the day, and by 4pm I had given up, and headed off to get some well needed groceries.
Sue and her son Jayden came over for dinner, and we chatted away happily until they left at about 9pm, and nanna Jo and poppa Jeremy headed off to bed as it had been a big day for us!!  hahahaha.....

Sunday 20th April
I had big plans of getting up and doing some "finishing" work on Rhian's room, but the warmth of the duvet made me stay in bed instead!
We went off to church then went and had lunch at a little Indian place that we both love, before coming home and pottering around the house.
I made a scrummy dinner of Roast lamb and roasted vegetables, and was very very sensible and only made enough for one meal each!
Usually I cook up a HEAP of extra vegetables with the thought of reheating for the next night's dinner, but in reality, we both always eat too many and there are never enough to reheat for a meal the following night!!!   We are both suckers for hot roast vegetables!!!
**Note to self**
TOM turned up today

Monday 21st April
Work was busy busy busy today - I had a couple of meetings, and started on a project that will probably take up most of the year...
LOVING IT!!!!
Last night after collecting Rhian from Daycare, we got home to find that Jeremy had completely finished the painting in her bedroom!!!!
I was SOOOOOOOO EXCITED!!!!!!!
It meant that all I had to do was scrape the excess paint from the windows, and vacuum it out.
YAY!!!!
Rhian was such a good girl, and I have found out that she LOVES curried sausages!!!
They weren't overly spicy at all, and she certainly tucked in to them!!!
A big plate of mashed potato and corn kernels, carrots, beans and curried sausages.
The only thing she left on her plate were the beans and carrots, so obviously I'm not "doing them right" cos she always eats them when we go to Nanna's!  hahahaha.....

Tuesday 22nd April
Another busy day today (and yet I find the time to update my journal!!)
Another meeting this morning for another project that I am on the team for.
Did I mention that I LOVE doing that kind of stuff?!?!?!
I also joined another committee today for something else at work, and have taken over the running of the Customer Service meeting that we have every Tuesday afternoon!
It is keeping my busy - which I am LOVING!!!!
Tonight I was supposed to be going to Life Group, but Eric's nana just died, so they have gone off to Westport for the week.
Pretty sure that will mean that it will be held out at Anne's place in Upper Hutt, which is such a long way to go for an hour.
I'm thinking that I might just stay at home and get Rhian's room all decorated and get the curtains hung up etc, so that I can move her in there either tonight or tomorrow night - HOW EXCITING!!!!!!!!!!
Jeremy is going to finish the "cutting in" on the hallway walls, so I'm thinking that a night at home wont be such a bad thing.
I should have some "before and after" photos of Rhian's room once I have "finished" it with the curtains etc.....
The difference is amazing!!
YAY FOR ME!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Of course your beans & carrots aren't the same as Nannas ROFLMAO. Good to see you much happier. Enjoy doing Rhian's room. I am sure she will love it :)
    Luv Ya
    Mum

    ReplyDelete