Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Wednesday 17th April

Life Group last night was fantastic.... we talked about the service on Sunday, and about Grace.
More importantly, God's Grace.
It was food for thought and opened up a whole range of other questions, and although at times I felt that it was all a bit over my head, I did actually get a lot out of it.
That is what is so great about Life Group, the people there are all so wonderful and caring and intelligent and just plain NICE, the conversation just flows and I feel at home within the group.
There is a calmness now in my life, that I can't even begin to describe.
A sense of peace, that whatever happens, no matter what it may be, I KNOW that I will get through it.
I am a calmer person in so many ways....just little ways.
Like the fact that I don't bother with getting all road ragey any more.
Hey, if someone wants to get somewhere faster than me, then why get angry about their lack of courteous driving skills?
Just wave them on and get on with the day.
Instead of yelling at Rhian not to splash the water out of the bath, I'll just mop it up with a towel instead..... it's only water, and she is only playing right?
At night, I will sit down with Rhian and REALLY read a book to her, instead of just rushing through it and not enjoying my quiet time with her, cos the dishes need doing, or the washing machine needs emptying, or the vaccum cleaner needs to be put away.
Those things can wait..... my girl can't.
I have really seen some changes in her lately, she has gone from answering back, and being clingy and needy, to a confident young girl who wants to help with everything, and isn't afraid to stand up for herself.
I'm loving seeing those changes in her, and I can't help but wonder if they are happening because of the changes that are now happening around her.
No matter what the reason......... I'm thrilled with the outcome.
It can only get better and better.

I got home last night after work, to find Jeremy finishing off the sanding in the hallway.
He looked like an Albino cos the white plaster dust had got EVERYWHERE, even on his eyelashes!
Man he looked funny! I SHOULD have taken a photo!!!!
Anyway, the hallway is now ready for painting as well!
I'm SO EXCITED!!!!!!
Thursday night we will clean and get the last of the dust cleared away, and then on the weekend we will be PAINTING!!!!!
YAY!!!!
DIY may be totally boring for others, but I know how long I have been waiting for all of this to happen, so for me it is exciting and long overdue!

Oooo, must get on to organising Rhian's party!!!!

4 comments:

  1. I never really liked painting until we recently painted our lounge and hallway and I was amazed at the immediate, dramatic effect it had. I now look around to see what I can paint, have a fun weekend with your painting.

    What colour are you painting Rhian's room?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jo, thanks for the link, it's nice to see SOMEONE down there is still blogging!!! Once a dedicated blogger, always a dedicated blogger eh? ! LOL Hope the decorating is going well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the link Jo:-) Good to keep in touch with your life. You sound soooo happy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jo,
    Thanx for the link to your site, when your the mother of a princess, OF COURSE that makes you a Queen. lol
    Great to hear your well and it sounds like things in your life are really going well so i'm really pleased for you.
    We all go through our up's and downs, life is certainly not a static journey as nothing stays the same forever, so acceptance to change and learn new things about ourselves is an important part of growing.

    ReplyDelete