Monday, February 24, 2014

Monday 23rd February 2014

Weigh in day today and the scales are down 4kg exactly!
I was pleasantly surprised to say the least :)
I'm still WELL in to my "no go zone" but I'll get there ;)
My start last week was 114.2kg, so now I'm at 110.2kg, and determined to get back to double digits again in no time!
It's funny (or not), because when I hit my all time low of 84kg waaaaaaay back in 2009, my "no go zone" was 90kg.
Then I got pregnant and never lost all the weight after Jaynie was born.  I sat around 90kg and my "no go zone" moved to 100kg.
I got back down to 86kg for the wedding, and vowed never to get in to triple digits again...
Well, Two years and another baby later, I hit my all time heaviest (post surgery) of 117.6kg at the end of November last year :(

I'm in a better headspace now though, I actually feel that I can do it this time.
I'm happy, my kids are my world, and maybe the cleaner telling me that she didn't recognise me in my wedding photo (bitch!) was the best thing that could have happened?
She triggered that drive in me, to prove to myself that I can do it and that I won't fail.
And although I still think it was completely rude of her, she has done me a favour :)

Righto... Now that I've "confessed" the numbers, I feel like I'm back on top of it!
It's so easy to ignore when you are not owning it!

The wedding on the weekend was great - very relaxed and loads of food! 
They put on a hangi, which was very carb heavy (potatoes, kumera, pumpkin), loads of bread and creamy stuff too, but lucky for me, there was also basic salad stuff, so I stuck to that with a little bit of meat - it was brilliant!  
I didn't even have dessert ;)
I did, however, have far too much to,drink, and felt a little "off" yesterday, so only ate half a filled roll, as that was all that was on offer....
So I'm picking that the alcohol and lack of food yesterday would have (hopefully) counteracted each other, and it'll be fine :)

I went to a few open homes homes as we are weighing up the options of moving or building or just staying put, and I was really disappointed on the 4 that I saw. 
One was stunning with amazing gardens, but the stairs to the top bedrooms were so steep that Jaynie actually cried coming down them - there is no way in hell that house is suitable for small kids :( such a pity!
https://trademe.co.nz/698350401
Rural paradise minutes from town

Kindy time for Jaynie now..... 

4 comments:

  1. Hi Jo, two things on the property... one is I don't believe "25 minutes to downtown Wellington" but that wouldn't worry you and two is that over in the UK the internal staircases in most properties are really steep (it took me ages to get used to them!) and the kids seem to be fine with them. Sitting on your bum and sliding down is usually the best way for the littlies! House and grounds look abfab otherwise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmn.......the only good thing I can see is the large shed!!!! The grounds are lovely.......hard work to maintain, only 1 bathroom with everything in it!!!! Not great for a couple with 3 daughters!!!!! Lots of painting in the years ahead....... Stairs..... nope !!!! Spoil sport aren't I. :). Whatever happened to low Maintainence so You can enjoy your weekends and your definitely need 2 Loos!!!! Love you my darling but don't think this is the place for you and a growing family.
    On the weight issues I am proud that you are owning up to what you need to do.......I am looking forward to seeing less of you in a couple of weeks. Great going :) xxxxxxc

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jo I went past my no go zone too....but like you are back into it...we did it once we can do it again ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Firstly, decide exactly what are must haves & what are deal beakers in a house then take your time.

    Regarding your weight - good girl! Getting back on track is the best thing you can do, be proud that you have faced it and are ready to tackle it.

    ReplyDelete