Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Wednesday 28 November 2012

Not sure that my lunch looks as good as yesterday, but OMG it tastes good!
Ran out of chicken so it's tuna today - YUM!!!


Last night the house across the road went up in flames!
It all happened so quickly... I heard kids screaming at 12.10am, then what I thought sounded like fire crackers.
Got up and looked out the window, ready to give them a mouthful for having their kids up so late and waking me up... When I saw flames shooting out the windows!!
Ran to grab the phone just as the fire siren went up (it's a volunteer fire brigade here), so went and woke Jeremy up instead :)
We were absolutely amazed and totally horrified to see just how quickly the fire took hold, and within 5 minutes half the house was engulfed and the flames were huge!
Thankfully the neighbours all got out ok and no one got hurt at all!
This morning the house looks in a pretty sorry state and there have been police and insurance people and fire inspectors up and down the street all morning.
It's so sad, but also a very timely reminder to test all our smoke alarms and insurance policies!
You really never do know when tragedy can strike :(

1 comment:

  1. Lunch looks great!!

    Fire, I am so freaking scared of fire! Our garage went up in flames when I was a kid and I just ran screaming down the road only to be confronted by a factory also on fire. Very wierd.

    The garage right behind our house (8 feet away) went up in flames about 6 years ago and it was terrifying. I am so glad no one was injured and your neighbours got out.

    ReplyDelete