Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Tuesday 14th February 2012

Where to start??? Weigh in I guess?
Yesterday I was 85.7kg - that is the lowest I have been since I had Jaynie - I was absolutely freaken STOKED!!!
I'm not gonna go near the scales again until next Monday, cos I am a teeny bit worried that the big loss is due to the fact that both Jeremy and I had a tummy bug on the weekend, and there was not much eating going on!
Ah well.... I guess I will know next Monday huh? hehehe...

I tried my wedding dress on, and Sonya was there to help me lace it all up, so I could actually determine if it fitted or not...
Well..... it was TOO BIG around the top!!!
I actually had to alter it and take it in!
Now it fits perfectly :)
But.... I'm still gonna keep on walking and watching what I eat, simply because I want to actually get to goal!!
My surgeon set me a goal of 81kg.
So, I am just 4.7kg away from that!
I remember back in my Weight Watchers days.... my goal range was set at 68 - 86kg.
Well - that means I am now within that goal range! JUST ;)
My own personal ultimate goal is 79kg.... but that is purely a dream at this stage..... I just want to get to 81kg and see how everything is when I get there!
Make sense? Good!

On the weekend, Sonya and I (and Rhian) had a hair and makeup trial for the wedding... it was AWESOME!
I couldn't believe what I looked like, and Sonya kept telling me I looked like Barbie!
I had long blonde hair extensions, and then had my hair curled, and then makeup - OhMiGod!
It was unreal!
Sonya looked gorgeous, as she had her hair curled too, and Rhian looked amazing as well with curly hair!
Doesn't Rhian look amazing:

I really can't wait for the wedding day!!
Although in saying that, there is still so much to be sorted.... ARGH!

Bella.
We made a decision a few weeks ago to look at re-homing Bella.
Why?
Because she was home alone from 7.30am until 5pm every day, and was starting to get really naughty....
She was starting to show every classic sign of separation issues (peeing inside, chewing toys, barking at nothing)
It just wasn't fair on her, and after talking to the vet, and a dog behaviour "expert", we decided that the best thing to do (since we couldn't afford Doggie Daycare) was to find her a home with a family that had people at home all day.
It has been getting progressively worse since Jaynie was born, and the last few months have been pretty hard...
We could have advertised her on TradeMe and sold her for a few hundred dollars, but we wouldn't really know what sort of life she would end up having, and if the people were really going to look after her and love her.
But we didn't.
We gave her away to a gorgeous family (who are actually friends of the lovely Karen) for nothing.
She went to her new home on Saturday afternoon, and by all accounts has slotted in to family life brilliantly!
She adores the two wee girls, and is thriving on the attention that they are giving her.
The mum as a "stay at home mum" and so Bella will have company all day every day - I just know in my heart it was the right thing to do for her.... but it still sucks that we couldn't give her the attention she deserved!
So now.... we are a animal free household, and have both vowed that we will NOT get any more animals at all....
I tell ya what.... it's totally weird not having my little white fluff-ball running around my feet when I get home from work... but knowing that she has constant companionship with a fabulous family, helps to make it a little better....

My new boss started yesterday.... he seems OK.
Time will tell I guess!
He must think I am a total disaster zone though....

When I stood up to shake his hand when we were introduced, I got my foot caught in my chair, and nearly landed on him!!
Then... I spilt half a cup of coffee (black - no milk hahahaha) on my keyboard, which subsequently died!
Then......as if it couldn't get any worse, I had to dusk out of a meeting to make a call, and when I went to leave, I dropped my folders and pens and made a complete dork out of myself!
He mus have gone home to his wife last night and told her he had a complete ditz working for him! hehehe....

I went out walking at lunch time yesterday, and had the urge to run, so I did most of the route (just over 4kms) doing a combination of walking and running.... 4 lampposts running, then 2 walking... Then, I ran for a solid kilometre without stopping, and then walked/ran the rest.
I was sweating like a pig and bright red by the time I got back to the office, but I LOVED every second of it!!!
I must have looked like a bit of a fool, cos I was giggling as I was running at one stage!
I was remembering back to the days when I could barely walk 500 metres without cracking a sweat and needing o have a rest!
And there I was ......... RUNNING!!!
It's like my dreams are finally coming true, and if it wasn't for the life changing Weight Loss surgery.... I would probably be even bigger than my largest 162kg!

My first wedding dress was a size 32.
This time, it's a 12.
CRAZY!!!!

Jaynie goes in for her Grommet surgery on Friday - I'm starting to get a bit nervous.....
Here she was last night....
Her Daddy fed her!!!

4 comments:

  1. It is such a shame you had to give Bella away but it was the best decision for her. We don't have pets for the same reasons, there is no one home all day, and even on weekends often we are out all day, it just isn't fair on the animals.

    I laughed at the first day with the new boss - at least now if he does think you are a ditz the only way is up & you will prove to him in no time that you are brilliant at your job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on the Bella choice. We had to make that choice with our last Golden Retiever.
    Can't wait for wedding photos, I know you are going to AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL........Jaynie looked like that every time her Daddy fed her when I was staying :)
    xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so Happy for you Jo.....you are such an inspiration :O)

    Michelle x

    ReplyDelete