Thursday, February 9, 2012

Thursday 9th February 2012



Just out of curiosity this morning, I jumped on the scales.....

88.3kg
So that is 1.2kg down in 24 hours!
Isn't it totally amazing how the body works??
I'm going to try my absolute hardest not to obsess over the scales again, but I really did just want to see what ONE good day could do to the damage I had done over the past 6 days....
I'm happy :)

It feels good to be back on track, and I KNOW that I gave myself too long a leash while I was away...
I mean, I knew that there would be fantastic food, and lots of alcohol, but I was also expecting that I could have more control over my own actions....
I guess it is apparent now that I am not quite there yet!  Hehehehe...

Anyway, I'm not stressing about it - so that is good!
I got out walking at lunch time yesterday, and even managed to RUN a part of it...
It was "only" 4km (in total) but  felt great afterwards, and I think it was the perfect way to slide back in tot he exercise habit, after 6 days off!
Today will see me out again, and this time I think I will do my longer route....

Mum and Dad stayed with Jeremy while I was away, and unfortunately, on the last day (Tuesday), Dad woke up with a wicked temperature and some severe abdominal pain...
Mum managed to get him up and dressed and made their way to A&E at the hospital, where he was promptly admitted and put straight on to an IV drip for fluids, antibiotics and pain meds (so I believe?)
It is now Thursday, and they are still not entirely sure what is wrong with him, and need to give him a tummy scan, but can't do so as yet, because the damn machine has broken down!
Gotta love the public health system huh???
Anyway, mum has been staying at my Aunty's place, and doesn't have internet access, so just wanted me to let you know what is going on with her....
I haven't heard from her this morning, but  went to visit dad last night, and to be honest..... he looked bloody terrible!  (Sorry dad!!)
Even if he is released today (which after seeing him yesterday, I seriously doubt!), I don't believe there is any way that he could travel back home yet, so I imagine they will be staying at my Aunty's place for a few days until dad is well enough to travel....
I will keep you all in the loop though :)

Righto - I better get back in to it!

My new boss starts on Monday, and I have to get everything up to date and documented to help him out..... it's a big job!

4 comments:

  1. Hi doll,

    yay on the loss that is great, always a help to see those scales moving downwards as it gives the motivation needed to carry on.

    thanx for the comment, I hadn't really told many people about the pregnancy so it was a bit hush hush for quite a while for a variety of reasons. I needed my work contract to become permanent so I had a job to go back to so had to keep it quiet until at least July when my job became secure. I am now on leave from work but have to return after Easter (second term of school).

    I need to get some exercise started as well. Am thinking it will be contours for me as they have a creche which will be great for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for letting us know about your Dad - I hope he gets better soon and I hope they find out what is wrong!! I might text your Mum.

    Not long until the wedding, the time will fly by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll send mum a text, thanks for letting us know. Had thought she was a bit quiet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sorry to hear about your Dad, I hope all is well & he is feeling much better.

    ReplyDelete