Monday, February 20, 2012
Monday 19th February 2012
My cavalier "don't give a shit" attitude, mixed with my "I can do whatever the hell I like" mentality have resulted in a huge jump in the numbers on the scales....
Probably a record in fact!
Last Monday, I was 85.7kgs.
This morning.....
...
...
Drum Roll please.....
...
...
...
...
89.3kgs!
Yip, that is an increase of 3.6kgs in just 7 days!
Thank you, than you very much!!!
How have I been successful in gaining so much weight in such a short amount of time??
Two words...
...
CARBS & SUGAR!!
Actually.... make that THREE words...
Add ALCOHOL to the list!!!
The week before I get my period, I crave sugar.... so, last week when the cravings hit, instead of being strong and ignoring them... I gave in.
I ate more chocolate and sugary crap (biscuits, lollies & ice cream) in one week, than I have eaten in the past few months....
And as I was eating them, I justified it to myself that I "only" weighed 85.7kgs, and that it wouldn't really hurt that much!
Then, I decided that I would "allow" myself to have a drink....
That would have been fine if it was only one.... but I did it three days in a row!!
AND...... I made really bad BAD food choices, like CARBS - sushi, burger, bagel...
You get the picture!?
So, this morning when I hopped on the scales, ready to face the music, I knew it was going to be bad...... my stomach is bloated, I feel crabby and heavy and lethargic, and just plain BLAH!!!
I was expecting a big number, but I guess I was also hoping for a bit of a miracle too??
So...... today, I am back on to BLACK coffee, NO CARBS, and NO ALCOHOL!!!
It's my hens night on Saturday, so I will be drinking then, but in order to do so, I have to be sensible about what I pout in my body at all other times!
I'm completely pissed at myself, and had a bit of a melt down this morning about it all....
But I just need to get on with it and DO IT!
So now on to other stuff.....
Jaynie's Grommet surgery went well on Friday...
We were in and out of the hospital within 3 hours, and the staff there were totally amazing!!!
And I reckon we can see the difference already - she is so happy and smiley and just like a different wee girl....
The surgeon mentioned that she had a minor infection in the right ear, so we have drops to put in that for a week, but no antibiotics this time - YAY!!!
I tell ya what - it's a LOT easier to get drops in her ear than what it is to get medicine in to her mouth that is for damn sure!!!
Poor wee thing has been on so many different medicines in her short life, she absolutely HATES the sight of a syringe!
Hopefully now that she has the Grommets, we wont have to have her to the Dr so often, and the problems will all sort themselves out - fingers crossed!!
Wedding preparations are all going well, it's crazy to think that it is just 18 days away!!!
There is still so much to do.... but I am happy to say that the dresses are all completely 100% sorted out!
I had to alter my dress, plus I had to put a different coloured sash on to Rhian & Jaynie's dresses, plus I also had to put straps on to Sonya & Steph's dresses.
So that is all done.... and they are all hanging up ready to go!
YAY!!!!
Sonya and I went shopping on the weekend for the guys clothes, and were successful in our mission!
And the upside? Jeremy actually LIKES what we chose!
BONUS!!!
Both him and Pete worked all weekend, so they couldn't come with us at all.... they are both busy next Saturday with the excavator competition, and then Sunday I will be recovering from my Hens night, so I'm picking that I wont want to be out shopping for anything!!!
The weekend after is Jeremy's stag do... and although it is on the Friday night, it will take them a couple of days to get over it, so shopping will be out of the question then as well!
So... that is why Sonya and I had to do it....
I'm gonna go to the travel agent today to sort out a honeymoon, cos we didn't think we would be going away at all, but have managed to re-jig things sot hat we can get away for a couple of days!
AWESOME!!!!!
Lot's to do for the wedding and work is busy too, so it's gonna be an interesting few weeks!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Don't forget the wedding licience!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteIf you needed proof of what carbs do to your body then I guess you got it. Bugger.......same thing happens with me, whereas Dad who doesn't eat sweet things has his weight going consistantly down!!!! Sorry Jo, another thing inherited from my side of the family. lol.
I can understand how you are feeling but you have time to do the damage control and all will be fine on the day :) (by the way I'm not giving you those jelly beans until after the wedding!!!)
Be strong and keep smiling like Jaynie :)
Luv you
xoxoxoxo
Glad to hear the surgery went well and bugger about he gain..... Glad all the wedding plans are gong well :)
ReplyDelete