Thursday, February 23, 2012

Thursday 23rd February 2012



Bloody 'ell.... where is the time going to??

It's Thursday already!
This week is zooming past and it feels like I have barely had time to blink!

Work is crazy busy... I'm training my new boss, and most of my days are filled with questions and meetings...
It's OK, but not what I expected to be doing...
Ah well, at least I have a job huh?  hehehe...

Jaynie is absolutely fricken FANTASTIC!!!
After her surgery on Friday she was groggy and tired, but by Saturday she had already started to perk up.
Now..... she wakes up in the morning, and instead of crying and grizzling all morning, she is laughing and playing and just being a little treasure!
It's like having a new baby!
And..... she is walking behind things now.... she will push her high chair around the kitchen, walking behind it.
And at daycare, she will get a little chair and push hat around for ages!
Last night she was standing by herself, not holding on to anything at all - so that was pretty cool!
Won't be long before she is walking by herself I bet!

Rhian is awesome too.... she absolutely adores her little sister, and is such a great help to me too.
I spoke with her teacher this morning and she is doing really well at school too... I'm so proud of my girls :)

The wedding plans are coming along nicely.... still lots and lots to do, but I am slowly ticking things off my list!
The reception venue has been confirmed and paid for, the alcohol prices have come through (nearly DIED when I saw how much the booze is gonna cost us!!!), the flowers have been ordered, and so has the cake.
My Hen's party is this Saturday night - being organised by my future sister in law (and bridesmaid) Sonya.
Lord only knows what I am in for.... but knowing Sonya, it will be a laugh a minute!
I'm just totally gutted that my other bridesmaid (my darling little sister Steph) can't come...
But, I guess that is what happens when you live in different countries!!  
Never mind, she will be here soon enough..... cos it is only 16 more sleeps until the wedding!!!
ARGH!!!!!

We have final confirmed numbers as 114 people..... and ya know what?  Most of them are family!
There are so many more people out there that  would have loved to have invited - my blogging buddies are all included in that - but we just couldn't afford it!
Gutted that it comes down to money, but that is just the way it is I guess....
Jeremy has a huge family, his father is one of 9 kids, and his mother is one of 8!
So, as you can imagine, buy the time you invite all the uncles and aunty's, there isn't a lot of room left for anyone else....
I'm sure it will be a blast anyway :)

Righto - I'm off to collect the tickets for our honeymoon from the travel agent!
We decided on a short trip to Fiji.... we will be leaving on the Sunday night after the wedding, flying to Auckland and staying there for the night, then flying out to Fiji first thing on Monday morning.
We are only staying 4 nights in Fiji, so we will be back on Friday afternoon....
I'm SOOOOOOO looking forward to it!!

4 comments:

  1. Geez....we will be outnumbered!!!! Only me for my family and 2 Aunts on Dad's. Just as well......we would have needed the Town Hall!!!
    Great that it is all coming together. Too bad both sides like alcohol though!!!
    Luv ya
    Ma
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I can't believe it is so close.

    Isn't it great Jaynie is so much better, it is horrible that she had to have an operation so young but so worth it for her to be pain free & the happy smiley baby she should be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful news about Jayni and her recovery. As for the wedding, that's a tough one, but people do understand I'm sure. It sounds like it's going to be a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome news about Jaynie's surgery!

    ReplyDelete