Thursday, January 13, 2011
Thursday 13th January 2011
I'm back at work now.... and back to reality :)
And to tell you the truth.... I'm actually enjoying it!
3 weeks off is a long time, and my email in-box was testament to that this morning telling me that I had 511 unread emails waiting for me!
It's taken me most of the day, but I've cleared them all - GO ME!!
Our holiday was just amazing!
Absolutely everything that I could have hoped for, and more.
It was totally relaxing and blissfully enjoyable :)
If that even makes sense!
Totally what I needed, and I have come back feeling energised and happy and stress-free!!
And..... I came home LIGHTER than what I was when I went!!
Of course I think that is to do with the fluid retention problems that I had before Christmas, but hey, I'm certainly not complaining!
And another bonus, is the cankles and swollen feet and legs that I was moaning my butt off about before we went, have completely disappeared!
Weird huh?
They were really bad on the day that we flew over, but then NOTHING!
Even since I have been back, there has not been a swollen limb in sight - YAY!
Anyway, like I said, the holiday was magnificent, just relaxing and spending time with my gorgeous family was all that I could have ever asked for.
BLISS!!!
I have attached some of the photos that we took - these were all on Facebook, so if you haven't seen them already - ENJOY :)
Since we have been back, I have been washing and sorting baby clothes and bedding etc, just so that I know exactly what I have - or haven't got.
Bella has been to the vet and been de-sexed, the cats have been vaccinated, and Rhian and I enjoyed a morning at the movies the other day as well.
So it's been all go :)
The house is due to be painted any day......... well, the prep work will be started first of course, then the painting :)
The baby's room is getting a new window this weekend, and then I can paint the inside and sort that out once and for all, and the base boards for around the bottom of the house got dropped off last night, and will be started this weekend as well.
So it is certainly go go go at our place at the moment!
Rhian is with her dad until the 25th and after having her for 3 weeks straight, I am missing her like crazy!
She only left me yesterday, but the house is so quiet without her.
And I put in for an extra week of leave at the end of March, before my maternity leave is due to start, as I figured I might as well take some time and enjoy the peace while it lasts!
So now I only have 9 full weeks of work left, before my last day of work on the 18th March - YAY!!!!
And I get the feeling that the next 9 weeks are just gonna fly by, as we are gonna be busy at work - DOUBLE YAY!!
My co-worker is having 3 weeks off to get married, and we are in the middle of a huge transition project as well.
Awesome :)
Anyways.... I better get a move on, as I have to get home and pick up Bella and get her back over to the Vet for a check up to make sure she is healing fine.
And if I don't sign off here - I'll never get home on time!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












Welcome home! Your holiday sounds brilliant!!! Glad you had such a relaxing time :0)
ReplyDeleteglad u got some rest and the swelling went down doesnt sound like must resting has been done since u came back though watch that swelling again now u back at work
ReplyDeleteOMG! Spewing! I was actually in Sydney while you were! Nothing else to do but come to NZ for a holiday to make up for it ; P
ReplyDeleteHi Jo
ReplyDeleteLooks like you had a wonderful Holiday and you all look so happy. 2011 is going to be a wonderful year for you all.
Michelle x