What a weekend :)
It was great - from the moment I left work on Friday to going to bed on Sunday night.
But, when I woke up with a killer headache yesterday morning, I wasn't quite so happy :(
A day in bed seemed to sort it out, and I literally didn't even get up until 5pm yesterday afternoon!
It kind of sucks that I can't take any pain killers stronger than 2 paracetamol at a time.... cos that doesn't really do a lot for me to be honest!
Anyway - Tuesday today and I woke up with a clear head and raring to go - YAY!
Back to the weekend...
Friday night we were out for dinner with some friends, Saturday we went out to pick up a new Supertub for the laundry, and ended up going lounge suite shopping as well!
I was so excited to get a Supertub, cos I have spent 4 years using a bucket (and having to fill that bucket from the bath) to soak anything.
Jeremy just didn't install a tub when he renovated the laundry cos he didn't see the need for it - I guess any singles man wouldn't give much thought to soaking nappies in the future! hehehehe.....
Anyway, I got my supertub, and we also bought a gorgeous new lounge suite as well!
It was delivered on Sunday and it is just perfect!
The one we had before was a blue cord type fabric, and was comprised of 3 pieces, a 3 seater, a 2 seater and a chair.
Of course having a white fluffy dog meant that it was constantly having to be vacuumed, and plus it was just outdated...
The one we now have is a gorgeous black leather corner suite that easily sits 6 people and fits the lounge perfectly.
We both love it!
Helps that it was on sale and we saved several thousand dollars off the original price - gotta love those bargains huh??
So..... that was delivered on Sunday morning, then we had a BBQ down the road with some friends on Sunday afternoon, then a quiet evening watching a DVD on Sunday evening.
It was just plain perfect!!!
Baby Bob is growing nicely, and my visit with the midwife last week went well.
I'm now on fortnightly check ups with her, and March seems like it is just around the corner! Freaky!
I applied for an additional week off before my due date, just because I have a heap of annual leave, and to be honest, I'm looking forward to a few days of peace and quiet before Bob comes screaming in to the world!
Mary (my midwife) read over the notes from Rhian's birth, and made the comment that she thinks I might have a quick labour this time around..... of course you can't guarantee anything with childbirth, so lord only knows really! hehehe...
I'm getting loads of movement from Bob, and last night was no exception..... just when I was trying to get to sleep she started up with the gymnastics session....
I love it, but at times it can be a tab annoying ;)
Can barely believe that I am 30 weeks along this week, which means I have just 9 weeks of work left!
FANTASTIC!!!
Lots on between now and the due date, so I am sure it is just gonna fly by and we will have a baby in the house before we know it!
On a sadder note..... we are looking at re-homing the cats - Thomas & Charlie.
Lots of reasons, some a bit selfish, some not so...
I am looking at it as us having them in a kind of Foster situation for the past year or so...... we rescued them when they were thrown over the back fence, we have given them a good home for over a year, and now it is time for someone else to take them on and give them more than what we can at the moment.
It's not really fair on them, they are shut out of all of the bedrooms, as I don't want them shedding fur on the baby gear that I have scattered through the house.
Rhian hates them, and she closes her door at night so they don't get in to her room, but she also hates having her door shut, so it is bloody hard for her.
They have been bringing rats and birds in the house after their hunting expeditions lately, and to be honest, the last thing that I want to be doing is disposing of dead carcasses every morning when I get up!
I'm nervous about when Bob is born, as both Thomas & Charlie LOVE sleeping on people, and even now, any chance they get, they are in Bob's room and in the cot.
They are both really affectionate boys, and deserve a home where there are people that can give them the love and attention that they crave.
They get fed and kicked outside at the moment, and I can see it just getting worse when the baby is born..... so, as selfish as that sounds, it's time for them to go to a new home.
So........ if anyone out there knows of anyone that is willing to take on two affectionate and lovable Fur-Babies, let me know would ya??
They are both fully vaccinated, both de-sexed and both fully house trained.
In a different situation, we would keep them, but it's time to think about the impact that this baby is going to have on our home, and unfortunately for the cats, Rhian and Bob have to come first.
Tuesday, January 18, 2011
Tuesday 18th January 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Hi Jo
ReplyDeleteI think your decision on re-homing the cats is the right one :O)
You seem so happy and content with life these days. ENJOY :O)
Michelle x