Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Wednesday 29th December 2010

Thought I had better come online to prove that I am still alive and kicking! hehehe...
Our holiday is going fantastically, and it is just plain brilliant to be in such wonderful company :)

The flight over to Sydney was pretty smooth, although Jeremy had a hangover from his work Xmas party the night before (he staggered in at about 2.30am!!) so by the time we got to Steph's place, he was "over it".
Didn't help that the shuttle we had booked (and pre-paid) was late, and we spent an hour and a half hanging around the airport waiting......
Never mind, cos that was all soon forgotten when we got here and started to RELAX!!!
The weather has been pretty good so far, with Christmas Day being in the 30's and just bloody perfect!
I have a tan already - YAY!!
Christmas Day was fantastic, presents galore, food galore, drink galore.... some over indulged in all of these! hehehe....
Boxing Day was relatively quiet, and Steph, Megan and i headed out to brave the Boxing Day sales after lunch.
Well..... we were home pretty quickly, as none of the malls or shops we went to were even open! Not even a supermarket would you believe??
We ended up going to the Service Station to get bread before heading home in defeat :)

Gave the shopping thing another bash on Monday the 26th and the Mall was chocka block of bargain hunters, and although we got a few bits and pieces, it was actually too mental to do any serious shopping - especially when you have a 6 year old in tow wanting to "show you something" every 5 minutes! hehe... Gotta love my girl's love of shopping - she gets it from her Mama ;)
back to the Mall again yesterday, where Jeremy managed to score a cool pair of GUESS sunnies on sale. And I got some gorgeous sunnies too.... Calvin Kleins reduced from $340 to just $99!
SCORE :)

Today we are all heading out to the a day at the races, as Chris has a few runners in, and it might be the only chance we get to go while we are here.
it's 8am and the weather is just plain gorgeous already!
Jeremy had to come inside already cos it was too hot! I LOVE IT!

Tyler is just adorable and I have been having loads and loads of cuddles with the gorgeous wee man - Rhian is besotted with him, and they are pretty much joined at the hip when they are both awake.
Right now she is feeding him his breakfast and loving the fact that she is a great help to her Aunty Steph.
Their house is enormous, and although there is always something happening, or someone new visiting, there is also always somewhere to go if you want some quiet time out.
The pool has been well used already, and there is a New Years Eve Pool Party lined up as well, so I can imagine it will get a bloody good workout that day!
The weather is supposed to reach 33 degrees on New Years Day - YAY!
There is a park literally just a few hundred metres down the road and Rhian has been there a few times already with Grandad and Jeremy.
I really must get down there myself, but it's hard when there is so much shopping to do! hehehe...

Righto - time to go get dressed and organised for the day me thinks!
I will be back at some stage with some photos..... I'm pretty sure we got some good ones on Christmas Day, and you can just imagine how many I have taken of Tyler already!

I tell ya what - it is just so good to be able to RELAX and not have a care in the world.... we are all making the absolute most of it, and it is JUST what I have needed for months.
NO STRESS!!!


3 comments:

  1. Sounds likes you are having a fantastic time and just what you needed. Can't wait to see the pics. Their house sounds amazing as well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you're having a fabulous time - hope your NYE is just as special and the rest of your holiday continues to be relaxing. I've made myself a resolution to read blogs more often so you'll no doubt be hearing from me more often in 2011 - HAPPY NEW YEAR!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jo....Happy New Year :O) what an exciting year it is going to be for you and your family. Looking forward to seeing baby bob. Enjoy the rest of your holiday.

    Michelle x

    ReplyDelete