Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Wednesday 1st October

Holy Shit - it's just 11 weeks til Christmas so I got told today!!
What the hell is up with that then?????????
Seems like a few months ago we were just getting over the New Years celebrations!!
I'm sure the years whizz by a hell of a lot faster then older I get!
DAMMIT ALL!!!!

At the moment , I'm busy enrolling Rhian at all the GOOD schools in Lower Hutt.
She doesn't turn 5 until May of next year, but I have to get in early....
Because she is not "zoned" for any schools here, we have to apply for enrolment, then wait for the ballot to be held.
I tell a lie......... she IS zoned for a couple of schools, but there is no way in hell that she is going to any of them!!!
Problem being, is Chris and I live quite a distance from each other, but we both work in a central location, so the aim is to get Rhian in to a school in the central Location.
For example, look at it like he lives in Auckland, and I live in Invercargill, but we both work in Wellington. It's that kind of thing.
Anyway............. I'm sure that made a lot more sense in my head!!!!
Righto..... moving on!
Call me a snob, but there is no way that I want her going to a school that is any less than a Decile 8, which basically means that there are "good quality" kids from "decent" families there, as opposed to the lower socio-economic areas around the place.
Blah blah blah......... I'm sure you are all just RIVETED to your seats reading about this shit right?
Well, it's my bloody life at the moment, as most of the schools around here hold the ballots in October, so we have to get her pre-enroled at as many of the schools as possible to be eligible for the ballot.
Another problem being, is that it is the 1st week of a 2 week holiday for schools, so I am leaving things pretty late in the scheme of things.
Hmmmmmmmm, whatever will be, will be.

I have a bloody great big coldsore on my top lip at the moment, I'm overtired and run down, and I just want to sleep for an eternity, so the stress of the school thing isn't helping at all.
I very nearly didn't come to work on Monday because of this damn coldsore, as I am totally paranoid about it!
It's disgusting!!!!!!!!
Most people say that it is hardly noticeable, but I KNOW that they are all just lying to try to make be feel better about having a crustacean the size of Lake Taupo on my face! Bastard things that they are! YUK YUK YUK!!!!

Went out for a game of golf on the weekend and it just about bloody killed me!
We only did 9 holes, but I am so damn unfit that I huffed and puffed my way around the damn course, and by the time we were finished - SO WAS I!!!
Jeremy wanted to go around again, but there was NO WAY in hell that my legs were going to handle that shit!!!
I've gained about a million kgs since I gave up smoking, and I've got my head firmly burried in the sand about it all too.
I simply refuse to hop on the scales at all, because I KNOW that they will probably break form the strain!!!
I have a fantastic treadmill parked up in the middle of my lounge that screams "YOU FAT FAILURE" at me every time I walk past it, cos instead of LOSING any weight since getting it, I've GAINED 5 kgs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I love my life, but I hate myself at the moment.
But then that is usually the way it goes with me!
When I HATE my life, I lose weight to block out the crap.
Now that I am happy, I don't think about the crap that I shovel into my mouth every day!!!
I tell ya what......... I bet I would be a counsellors DREAM patient....... "Dr Therapy" could probably retire on the amount I would have to pay him to work through all of my damn issues!!!!!
I want surgery.
There, I said it out loud.
I'm trying my hardest to save some money so I can get said Surgery, but I seem to be spending it all on Treadmill Hire and Chocolate.
Great combination huh??
Seriously......... I cry nearly every day, but still don't stop eating, and wont start moving.
Hardly any of my clothes fit me, and I have resorted to buying bigger stuff, and making bigger sizes.
You sad sad sorry excuse for a "weight loss" success!!!!
Looks like I am fast turning in to one of the ones that fall into the typical statistic of gaining all the weight I lost back again........
I know, I know - no one else to blame but myself......... yadda yadda yadda....

Oh shit - you are still reading????
Bloody good on you!!!
Most other people rolled their eyes and shut the page down long ago.
In fact, I am pretty sure you are one of the few remaining readers I have left.........
Oh look, now you're gone.

God I suck!!!!

Anyway, this wasn't supposed to be a "poor me" post, but it certainly looks like it has fast turned in to one huh???
So on that note, I will shut the hell up, and go home.....
And once I get there, I'll upload some gorgeous pictures of my darling Princess Rhian, and show you all what I DO have to be happy about!!!





8 comments:

  1. Love you you Jo,
    Stopped in at Holy Bagels yesterday.. we should do lunch some time soon. xxx Sunflower and The Disco King

    ReplyDelete
  2. I;m still reading. I have 2 years before I have to start worrying about school for Paige but I am still looking into it! Gee I think I have a lot to learn.

    Also, the weight thing.... I hear ya. Lost a few kg, gained a few kg... but back on track again today (must be the nicer weather).

    Hang in there.

    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes - I read it all as well! No magic answers re the weight thing (wish there was!!).

    Re the schools - hope it works out. Our grandsons are in a Decile 9 school. I know the one our daughter originally looked at was a 6. Have seen both schools and I know there is a huge difference.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We bought in the ONLY area in South Auckland with a decile 10 school... cos we wanted our kids in a good school! And we wanted to be in South Auckland due to it's proximity to Hamilton and the beach house at Whitianga! I can totally understand you wanting Rhian in a good school, it's darn important. I have worked in a Decile 10 and a Decile 1 school... and 10 beats a 1,2,3,4,... etc ANY DAY!!! Keep working on the weight chick, we all have to eh? FRIGGIN NEVER ENDING BATTLE.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did I miss something? I thought you had stopped blogging??? Durrrr.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Foooook, ignore the last comment, I'm getting confused... MUST BE AGE! 50 is afterall old.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Why is it that we all have these weight loss demons and yet we berate ourselves endlessly over them? You have inspired so many people over the years (myself included) and all that matters is that you don't give up - it's only when you give up trying once and for all that you really start to fail. So what if it's 3 steps forward and 2 back - you're still one step ahead of when you started.

    Now that my baby girl has arrived i've refocussed my energy by using my kids as my inspiration - they're a might powerful tool to help inspire us mums.

    Good luck with the hunt for a school for Rhian! And as to that treadmill, challenge yourself to get back on it every day for 3 weeks - even if it's only 10 minutes, I think they say it only takes 21 days to develop a habit, and what a great habit that would be. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi there you,

    firstly I did read the whole post, and your obviously not happy, BUT you have to choices, continue on as you are, (which will probably mean gaining more weight) OR turn this around NOW.

    We have all been in this place before and have had to dig deep to find the resolve to hitch ourselves up by our boot laces and get back into doing all the things we know are good for us.

    None of us are happy to realise the scales are creeping higher and higher and its ever so easy to bury our head in the sand and simply refuse to even hop on a scale. The first thing to turn this around (NOW) is to get back on that scale. No matter how icky you will feel about that, and no matter how depressing the numbers may be, it can also be the starting point of accepting things how they are today, and making sure you recommit to putting in the effort once again.

    Its a life time thing for those of us who battle with our weight, so its not surprising that that battle is often hard, but its worth turning things around now, rather then waiting until we are carrying another 10 or 20 or whatever kilos and finding it that much harder.

    Whatever the scales say, just think "well at least I'm still under ___ (whatever figure) so its not like I am starting from ___ (highest weight) again.


    YOU CAN DO THIS.

    ReplyDelete