Friday, October 3, 2008
Friday 3rd October
Thanks to everyone for your comments and emails - they mean a lot.
I especially want to thank my Mum who made me realise that I needed to do some serious thinking about my life and what I was doing to it.
But I think the most thanks goes to my sister Steph who in no uncertain terms told me to "SNAP THE HELL OUT OF IT!"
So.............. I snapped the hell out of it, and as a result, have added yet another blog to my list.....
Check out the link on the left hand side:
Just4Jo - Not a Statistic.
That is where my weightloss efforts will be from now on, as I really do want to keep this blog free from all that crap!
Go check it out if you dare.....
Aside from that, we really have no firm plans in place for the weekend.
Jeremy wants to get out for a couple of games of golf, and I wouldn't mind joining him.
I really do enjoy it, so let's hope the weather holds out and we can get out and enjoy the sunshine!
I am also thinking of making a start on the sanding of windowsills in the 4th bedroom.
We haven't been able to do a heck of a lot around the house over the past couple of months, as we always seem to be waiting for someone else to help.
The one thing that we CAN do without help, is sanding the windowsills and skirting boards, ready for painting once the plastering has been done.
Up until now it has been too damp to do this, as all the windows leak, and anyone who has ever tried to sand back wet wood will know where I am coming from when I say that it is bloody impossible to do!
Jeremy and I have sat down and made a wish list of things that we want to have done before Christmas on the house.....
Here it is:
Have the 4th bedroom finished completely - this means 2 coats of plaster, lots of sanding, lots of painting and electric sockets replaced.
Finish the "cutting in" painting down the hallway, and have a box made (and painted) to cover the indoor electricity meter.
Have the damaged and unusable weather boards replaced on the outside of the house, and also have the hole covered over with new weatherboards where the chimney was demolished. - This requires a proper builder.
Have all the windows resealed so that none of the buggers leak anymore!!! - This requires someone who knows what they are doing!!
Complete the lounge, which involves stripping the rest of the wallpaper, 2 coats of plaster, lots of sanding, lots of painting, and I think demolishing a wall and putting in a new doorway leading in to the hall.
So there ya go - LOTS to do between now and Christmas, and LOTS of money to be spent on it all!
YAY!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Jo, your family sound like they have put you back on track!
ReplyDeleteI read your last post but it was only half as long (did you go back and edit more into it?)... I would have commented for sure.
It sounds like you have a lot to get done before christmas and I remember you - you can do anything you set your mind to!
K :)
Pleased to hear you have "snapped the hell out of it". Sometimes words like that are just what are needed. You've worked too hard to become another statistic! So have I which is why I'm restarting back at weight watchers tomorrow, not very happily at this stage, but I'm back, it's a start!
ReplyDeleteWell done on starting again. More comments over on other blog :)
ReplyDeleteLuv ya
Ma xoxoxo
Sounds like some busy times ahead for you guys :-)
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to start following your weight loss journey again - you CAN do this, and you WILL!