Friday, June 20, 2008
Friday 20th June
It's a co-workers birthday today, and I made her a cake.
It's a low(er) fat carrot cake with cream cheese icing, and it went down as a total hit!!
I find it almost embarrassing when people lump so much praise and so many compliments on me, for something that is so easy to do and that I enjoy doing...
Strange how I don't think anything of "whipping up a cake" but for someone else, like the birthday girl herself, it is a huge feat.
Mind you, I'm talking about the kind of girl that can't even make microwave porridge out of a packet! hahahaha
Anyway........................
Rhian was funny at 5am this morning.
Of course the time wasn't funny, but what she said was.
She crawled in to bed with me and proceeded to sniff.... she had a bit of a runny nose.
Then she whispered "Mummy, my nose isn't working"
I'm like "What do you mean"
She replies "Well, it's not working when I do this *big long rattly sniff*
CUTE!!!!
So we got up and blew her nose and she decided she wanted to go back to her own bed cos she can't "stretch out" in mine!!
Not surprised when there is Me, Jeremy, two cats, and a four year old, all vying for space....
We have a King Size bed, I'm thinking I shoulda got a SUPER KING!!!!
Anyway, later on when we were getting in the car to go to daycare, I was trying to hurry her along, and I said that I was already late for work!
Didn't think much of it, until we were driving, and she says: "Mummy we are late for work cos you slept in too long aye?"
I said, "No, YOU slept in too long, that is why we are late"
She replies "No, I wasn't sleeping, I was looking at the ceiling in my room with my eyes wide open"
YEAH RIGHT!!!!
Hehehehe - some of the things she comes out with crack me up.
Like the other day I got her some new dolls clothes, and as she was picking them up to look at them, she kept exclaiming
"Oh mummy, they are gorgeous!"
But she couldn't quite say gorgeous properly, so it came out more like George-gis
And she can't say "The Simpsons", to her the program is "Simpsimp"
And of course there are the times when she tells me off in the bath for having Prickles on my legs!!!!!
Ahhhhh, kids huh?!?!
I've got a headache today, I'm thinking that it is all the blimmen stress of the past week that has given it to me!
I did the STUPIDEST thing the other day....
I requested (through internet banking) to have some automatic payments set up, but didn't check the date properly!
So............ the bank set them up, and also took the money out for them as well!
$800 worth of automatic payments that weren't supposed to start until the 15th July, and I forgot to change the date on the request form and left it as the 17th June!!!
Now, I don't (and never have had) an overdraft facility, but the bank thought it would be OK to put me into OD "until payday".
What they neglected to check, was the fact that my "next payday" is not until the 15th July!!!!!!!!!!!!
I had cleaned out my account to pay some other debts, so ended up $600 in OD, with NO WAY of paying it back until the 15th July.
I was STRESSED and nearly in tears when I discovered what had happened.
Luckily I have the BEST personal banker in the entire world, and she sorted it out for me, arranging to have the biggest payment "dishonoured" and then she had the $35 dishonour fee wiped as well!
What an absolute star she is in my books now!!!!!
I tell ya - money (or complete lack of it) is what makes me stress out these days more than anything else..... and this week has been no exception!
Anyway, it's all sorted now, and apart from being a few hundred dollars in credit to SKY TV, there is nothing to stress about anymore....
YAY!!!
Not sure what the weekend holds..... we haven't done any DIY since we got back from holiday, so I am busting to get in to it again....
I think Jeremy wants to clean out the garage, so that will be a mission in the decluttering stakes!!!
He cleaned and washed both cars out last weekend and they have managed to stay reasonably clean - BONUS!
I want the 4th bedroom plastered so that we can get on with painting it, but Jeremy needs his dad's help with that, so until his dad is free, it wont get done! BUMMER!
Righto...... it's lunch time now me thinks
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
kids !!! they are such a crack up sometimes. (other times not so much, lol). I remember when Evianah was little she would gush over dolls and the pets and would make people laugh the way she called each of our dogs 'darlin'
ReplyDelete(she had picked up the expression from me, but it sounded so funny coming from a 3 year old).
The funny thing about their expressions is that regardless of their age they still come out with things that are funny.
Yesterday Evianah was feeding the dogs (about 3 hours later then normal) then came back inside saying "gosh those poor babies were starvingggggg, they gobbled down their food like a starving Ethopian with a bowl of rice'.
I was so stunned by the comment (thinking 'gee is that an appropriate thing to say') then I asked her where on earth she had heard that expression, to which she replied, "I just made it up as I was explaining about the dogs to you".
I just hope she doesn't say the wrong thing in public one day, like my friends daughter who had just had her second baby and was in her local westpac where the staff were gooing over the new arrival. Daughter number one (not to miss out on being in on the conversation) loudly blurted out "and do you know that babies come out the mummies bottom. Not the poo's bottom, but the front wee's bit" then proceeded to giggle hysterically while poor Megan felt all the eyes of fellow customers looking in her direction. (classic)