Monday, June 23, 2008

Monday 23rd June


My house looks like a bomb has hit it, the TV doesn't work, I'm overtired, and now I have to take Rhian to the Dental nurse, and I just know that if she cries, I WILL TOO!!!

Our weekend consisted of a very very quiet night on Friday night, followed by an early morning wake up call by Jeremy's phone from one of his customers.
Once we were up and about, (BEFORE 7am!!!) we just started working.....
Jeremy was sanding the walls in the 4th bedroom, and I started out by getting about a million loads of washing washed and hung out since the sun looked like it was going to shine....
Luckily it did, and I got ALL the beds changed and all the washing dried, cos it certainly turned to shite yesterday...
Anyway, Saturday saw me stripping wallpaper in the lounge, as there was nothing I could do to help in the other room.
Jeremy and his dad got all the joins and corners plastered, which by all accounts was a bit of a nightmare.....
After that, we tidied up and went and hired a couple of DVD's for another quiet night in...

Sunday started with Church, then after that we came home for lunch, and then started on the house again.
It was demolition time for the chimney, as Jeremy and his brother in law got stuck in and did some serious work....
At one stage I had Rhian in tears, because when the top part of the chimney came crashing down, it broke through the boards that they had nailed to the internal wall to stop the dust and debris from getting in the house....
Anyway, as you can imagine, it came down with a thunderous roar and an almighty bang, dust and stones went everywhere, and gave Rhian quite a fright.
She went out to investigate, and discovered that she could see outside through the huge hole in the wall, and proceeded to get upset..........
"Mummy, Jeremy's broken our house!!!"
It was pretty sure, but I can see why she would have thought that way - WHAT A MESS!!!!!!!

After the clean-up, we discovered that SKY TV was no longer working, due to them having to unhook it from the chimney, so Jeremy was on to the company pretty quickly, only to find out that they can't send out a technician until the 3rd of JULY!!!!!!!!!!
That is like over a week of NO TV!!!

We can't even get channels 1, 2 or 3 at this stage, cos we can't find the rabbits ears!!
I joked with him that "Shock horror, we might just have to actually TALK to each other, or maybe even read a book or something".

To which he replied........ "Get your shoes on, we're going to get some DVD's!!!"
Hahahahahahahahaha - Cracked me up!!!!
I'm gonna have a hunt around properly tonight for the little aerial, and if I can't find it, then I'll be off to The Warehouse to buy a blimmen new one!!!

So, there ya have it...... a round up of our weekend!!
And now I'm off to take Rhian to her first ever Dental Nurse visit, so wish me luck.....
Like I said, I'm overtired, cos I've had bugger all sleep (due to nothing else but being too fat and uncomfortable in my own bed) so I just KNOW that I will end up in tears in sympathy for her, if she cries!
Cross ya fingers for me that she doesn't find it too overwhelming, and of course, that NOTHING is wrong with her teeth!!!


1 comment:

  1. Good luck with the dental clinic. Reminds me the very first time I took our twins, my daughter heard the kid in front of her crying, so she bolted, out the doors and down the road as fast as her chubby legs would take her! I had to leave one kid behind and take of down the road as well!

    ReplyDelete