Thursday, May 8, 2008
Thursday 8th May
Is my daughter a sadist???
We were driving to work this morning, and I saw a father and his (little - maybe 4 or 5 year old) son biking along on a tandem bicycle.
I had a bit of a giggle cos it just looked pretty cute....
Rhian naturally asked me what I was laughing at, so instead of going in to great detail and getting a barrage of questions, and also having her getting upset cos she didn't see it... I just answered:
"I was just laughing at a silly boy on a bike"
To which she quickly replied.....
"Why? Did he fall off mum??"
Hahahahahahaha..........
Am I raising a little girl who likes to laugh at the misfortune of others????
All the same..... it gave me a bit of a laugh!!!
She was just so GORGEOUS this morning....
I had planned to wear my hair down and loose (which I hardly ever do these days) but while I was doing the washing, I tied it back in to a ponytail.
It wasn't until we were driving down the road that I realised it was still tied up, so I took the hair tie out and let it fall around my shoulders.
She looked at me with such glorious eyes and exclaimed:
"Oh you look so pretty mumma!!"
I just beamed and said "Thank you so much Rhian, that is a lovely thing to say. You are very very pretty too"
Her reply to that.......
"You look just like my Aunty Steph. I Love my Aunty Steph!"
I laughed and said that I loved her Aunty Steph too, and as quick as a flash she added
"Oh, but I love you too Mum"
Then she took my hand and kissed it.
At that moment I think I could have burst with the amount of love and sense of pride I have for her.
To know that she is such a well adjusted, outgoing, self confident little girl with a great family and some neat little friends, fills me to the brim and I count my blessings every day for having her in my life.
Hmmmmmm........ I must come back and read over that when she is sulking in the supermarket cos Mean Mummy wont buy her chocolate!!!!
It's been a busy week...
Jeremy got some sanding done in the 4th bedroom on Monday night, so it's now ready for the second coat of plaster.
I'm pretty sure that he is waiting for the wall to be closed in though, as it is currently attached to the lounge as a seperate room, but all in one - does that make any sense??
Anyway, we are closing it in completely so that it is a proper bedroom (I think maybe in the past it might have been a study or a dining room?) and once it is all closed in, it will actually be slightly bigger than Rhian's bedroom is now.
Once the wall is up, he will plaster, then the FUN painting can begin again......
Then the next room to tackle will be the lounge.
I have stripped one wall free of wallpaper, and there isn't really a heck of a lot more to come down, as the second wall has a HUGE window in it, so it is just a little bit around that.
The third wall has the fireplace and two small windows to strip around, and the wall behind the fireplace has a huge hole in it from a leak somewhere, so the gib needs to be replaced there too. The wallpaper literally fell off most of that wall due to the leak, so it saves me some more hard work!! hahaha.....
And the last wall in the lounge is getting knocked down so that the kitchen/dining/lounge will be one big area, so I don't have to strip that wall either - YAY!!!!
I have taken a heap of "before" photos of it, so once we get started and I can show some progress, I will load them up so y'all can see how bad it WAS! haha
After the lounge........... the next project is the kitchen!!!!!
I'm SOOOOO excited about that one..... but I just have to be patient!!!
Work is going well, and this week I seem to have been quite busy with a lot of project work.
Suits me cos I LOVE being busy!!!
I also ran a weekly meeting WITHOUT my boss there this week, and he has had feedback saying that I did a fantastic job!
I have been compiling the agenda and reports needed for it for about 8 months now, but it has only been in the last 6 weeks that my boss has handed over the running of it to me as well.
He wants to take a back seat and let me take it over completely from here on in, so I feel ready for the challenge since I have been eased in to it all.
Actually, he said to me the other day that if he leaves (which he talks about on and off quite regularly) that he thinks I would be perfect for his role, and that I would be able to handle it piece of cake!
That is quite a compliment from him, so it's boosted my self confidence in my role.
I no longer doubt my decision to move in to this position, and I'm enjoying it more and more each day, so that HAS to be good right???
Righto........ Time I get back to the daily grind.......
Actually - it MUST be coffee time surely????? :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Rhian is a treasure :) Work is sounding pretty good too :)
ReplyDeleteLuv Ya
Ma xoxoxo
OMG - Rhian is so stunning and she sounds as though she is very well adjusted young lady.
ReplyDelete