Monday, May 19, 2008
Monday 19th May
Well, it's been a busy few days in Jo land.....
Thursday night I went to the hairdresser and had my hair coloured.
But instead of going white blonde, I opted to tone it down a bit, and get some low-lights put through.
I LOVE IT!!
It is not brassy or trashy anymore, and it "almost" looks natural.
Well, it looks a heck of a lot more natural than what it did before I walked in her door, that is for sure!!
Anyway - Like I said - I LOVE IT!!!!!!
Friday night we had Sue & Sharon over for dinner, and then after dinner ventured out for a bit of a boogie at a couple of bars.
Now, I dunno about this whole "Not Drinking" thing...........
Cos as I found out on Friday night, it just means that if I don't drink for months and months, then the night that I DO decide to have a glass of wine, I get PLASTERED!!!! Well....... not totally plastered - I can remember MOST of the evening!!!
I honestly don't think I drank that much, and "apparently" we got home at about 2am
Although, there was NO CHANCE for a hangover the next morning as there was just too much work to be done around the house.
Jeremy's dad came around and the y built the wall between the lounge and the spare room - YAY!!!!!
Then they started taking out the old woodburner as it is no good for anything due to an un-repairable hole in the firebox.
While they were working inside, I was outside hacking away at all the weeds and crap down the side of the garage.
I cut a huge flax bush right down, and cleared out various bits of wood and bricks etc in the process.
Blimmen hard work - that's for sure!!
We made two trips to the dump on Saturday, and then another on Sunday.
And, we will have to make yet another trip to the dump once the old chimney comes down, which will be this weekend!
There is a leak in the roof somewhere, but to get to it, the chimney needs to come down, then the tiles on the roof need to be replaced, then the leak can be fixed, and the wall can be re-gibbed.
It looks absolutely TERRIBLE at the moment - REVOLTING!!!
But I know that it will be done next weekend, so I can live with it for a week!!!
Anyway......... it's all happening........... YAY!!!!!!!!
Tonight we have a planning meeting with a local photographer for Rhian, as Chris entered her in a competition that gives us a free sitting and $120 credit towards any prints we choose.
I know that it will just be a ploy to get us in there, and I bet the photos are blimmen expensive, but it cant hurt to suss it all out huh?
So that is tonight at 5pm.........
Busy busy busy.....
Oh yeah - and how could I forget..............
9 MORE SLEEPS UNTIL SYDNEY!!!!!
YEE-HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment