Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Tuesday 1st November 2011



My eating was atrocious yesterday...

I ate chocolate after chocolate after chocolate.
Clearly it tells me that I have things to work on in regards to stress and turning to food for relief.
I'd yelled at Jeremy before work, and felt like a prize bitch.......  plus work was crazy busy, I had training for my new role, there were things that I wasn't comfortable with, and I found myself reaching for food.... high sugar, high fat, super comforting food that makes me feel better.....  Milky Bar chocolate... it has always been my solace, and yesterday morning was no different.
If it wasn't there, I probably would have just gone to the supermarket next door and bought some... but it was in my drawer, so I ate it.
I can't eat as much as I used to... pre-surgery I would sit here and eat a big size bar in one hit!  Now, I can only just get through a chunky size bar and I start to feel crappy.
Those little snack size bars are fantastic too!  I can eat a few of them before feeling sick....
So that is what I did... Not entirely sure how many I ate, but let's just say that the bag of snack size bars is empty and that the morning consisted of a cycle of eating chocolate , waiting until the sick feeling passed, then eating more chocolate....  get the picture??
It wasn't until about midday that I realised what I was doing, and managed to stop myself from reaching for the last bar in my drawer...
Instead, I went and filled my water bottle up, and grabbed an orange instead...
Then, I put my walking shoes on and got my ass out on the footpath, turned my music up loud, and walked....
It was wonderful, I felt great, and all thoughts of chocolate were pushed from my mind...
I came back to my desk (without stopping at the supermarket en route) and had a small can of tuna with a couple of crackers for lunch...
I felt in control again - and it was wonderful.

Last night when I got home, I got the girls organised, and we went out for another walk!
I needed to get some food for Jaynie to take to Daycare for breakfasts, so instead of taking the car, we all went for a walk...
Jeremy took his bike, and Rhian, Bella and myself walked with Jaynie in the pushchair.... and we all enjoyed it!!
There was talk of having an "easy dinner" and getting fish and chips on the way home from our walk... but instead,  bought some ham, salad and buns, and when we got home, made fresh rolls instead!

So..... not only did I manage to STOP myself from eating more chocolate earlier in the day, but I also made a great decision regarding dinner!
AND... I got out for TWO walks yesterday!

Let's hope today will be just as good :)

3 comments:

  1. Well done on turning your day around. It would have been so easy just to keep eating crap & then blob at home but you didn't you sorted ourself out & I bet you felt heaps better last night for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, well done. That Milky Bar very good at the time but even without surgery it makes me feel sick afterwards. You made much better decisions for the rest of the day - just need to get myself to do that!

    Penny xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo hoo for realising what was happening and turning it around to your advantage. I bet you all slept well after your evening walk too ......well I hope you did. :)
    Luv you all..xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete