Thursday, November 3, 2011

Thursday 3rd November 2011



I'm doing really well this week...

Work is still crazy busy, and hopefully this is a sign of things to come in my new role!  I LOVE being busy, and I am actually enjoying the work I am doing this week, so it is great!

My eating has been fantastic, although I had a few too many wines last night and probably ruined all my good work, but hey, that's life huh!?!
Back on that horse today...

It rained at lunch time yesterday, so I didn't get out for a walk, but I have been taking the stairs instead of the lift every day, so that is a teeny tiny bit of incidental exercise that I can work in to my day...
 
We had a meeting all afternoon on Tuesday, and there was a guest speaker there.... she was basically talking about being active, and how important it is to your health etc...
At one point, she showed a slide show of an open chest, and a heart undergoing surgery...
Then followed that up along the lines of... 1 out of 10 heart patients that this Dr operated on, made a valuable difference in their lives after surgery, by changing habits etc.
She then went on to say, that many people are willing to lay on an operating table and go through open heart surgery, but they aren't willing to make simple changes in their lives that could have avoided the need for surgery in the first place...

Well... I have taken that on board!!!
Of course mine isn't open heart surgery, but still..... I was willing to pay $18,000 to have stomach surgery, but have I REALLY made many changes to my life??

It's really made me think.....

No comments:

Post a Comment