Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Wednesday 19th October 2011

Well, I spoke too soon about the sickness all being gone from our house...
Poor wee Jaynie is at home again with yet another ear infection!
I got a call from Daycare last Wednesday to say that she had quite a bad cough, so I went and picked her up, and since we couldn't get in to see our regular Dr, I took her to the After Hours on Wednesday night.
Diagnosis: Ear infection and Bronchitis - which meant another round of antibiotics.
So... I had Thursday and Friday off with her, and she was a clingon for 4 days.
Monday morning she seemed a bit better, so I bit the bullet and dropped her at daycare and went to work.
I knew it was a bad idea as soon as I tried to leave daycare, and she started to cry...
Of course then I started to cry too...
Got to work, made a Drs appointment for her for that day, cleared my emails, went to a meeting, and then decided to go and talk to the HR chick, cos my heart was just so heavy :(
I burst in to tears in her office and felt like a complete dick in the process, but she was great, and suggested maybe taking some time off...
So that is exactly what I have done!
I have taken this entire week off to dedicate to getting my baby better!
She is on yet another course of antibiotics (after seeing our Dr on Monday) but this time he is trying a longer course and a different drug.
I'm pretty sure she is improving already...
Fingers crossed!!

Rhian is with us this week too, but since she was already booked in to the holiday program, she is picking and choosing what days she wants to go...
Yesterday was swimming, tomorrow is roller skating, she is loving it.
This morning we are going to have a bit of girly time, and go shoe shopping for some new boots for her - I promised her ages ago :)

The back yard here is a total mess... the back fence is finished, and the yard has been scraped and leveled, but the weather packed up again, and we are left with a baron expanse of dirt!

Do you know how hard it is to keep a white dog clean, when she has NO grass to play on?!?
Pretty sure we are gonna erect a temporary fence across the front of the section tonight, so at least she can go out the front door and have somewhere to play and pee!
I have lost count of the number of times I have mopped the kitchen floor cos it has been covered with little paw prints! hehe...

This weekend is the Reunion for my old High School in Foxton... it should be a bit of a laugh!
I'm looking forward to it :)

Oh, and good news - my wedding dress has arrived in the country and should be on the way to me any day now! YAY!!!!

Righto - time to go shopping now :)

5 comments:

  1. I am glad you are taking some time off. The fact that you were so upset at work shows it was all just too much. Getting Jaynie better & you rested will make a huge difference.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The back yard is looking great. Awesome job on the fence Jeremy :)
    See you all soon :) xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about Jayni being sick again. Sounds like you made a good decision and hope your week goes well and you get more rested yourself. Agree with Tracy and Jenny. Love to you and the family, Penny xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry, I missed the e off Jaynie's name! Hope she is improving. Penny xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. IU do hope the week off helped both you and Jaynie... and OMG you must be dying for grass seed and good weather!

    ReplyDelete