Back in to it today...
Rhian is back to school, I am back to work and Jaynie is back to Daycare.
Taking a week off to get my baby girl better was a great idea, and by Friday last week she had started to come back to her happy giggly self... It was great!
On Friday we all headed up to Foxton to stay at mum and dad's for the College Reunion.
I totally overindulged on Friday night, and had a terrible hangover on Saturday morning, so I wasn't a happy camper at all!
But, after a bit of a sleep and a very restful day, we got dressed up again and did it all over again on Saturday night!
Although I must admit that Saturday night was much much quieter and much less alcohol was consumed than the previous night!
Friday night, Mum had to come collect Steph and I, and I am sure we were both talking double dutch by the time she got there!
I'm told we got home at about 1am??
Saturday night we got a ride home with a friends husband, and we were in before midnight.
Sunday was quiet... there was a memorial service for teachers and students that had passed on, and then there were a couple of sports games, before everyone got back together again for dinner and to watch the Rugby World Cup Final on Sunday night.
I passed on that one though, and stayed at home with the family to watch it in peace - and go to bed STRAIGHT after!! hehehe...
I'm far to old to go out THREE nights in a row!!!
Anyway, here we are on Saturday night before heading out:

It was a great success and I had a few people not recognise me, so that was a bit of an ego boost :)
There were some sucky parts to it too though.... Steph's ex boyfriend from High School, broke his neck in the reunion rugby match on Saturday afternoon! He is OK, and NOT paralysed, but he is laid up in hospital and needs to have an operation to fuse a couple of his vertebrae together!
That put a damper on Saturday night, cos everyone was worried about him...
Then on Sunday morning, we found out that an old school mate had gone missing at sea after his boat sunk on Friday night, but the alarm wasn't raised until Saturday morning, when the guy he was with managed to make it to shore after being in the water for 9 hours!!
He is presumed drowned, and I guess it would take a bloody miracle for him to come home safely now, so it's just a matter of time before the sea will give up his body... Absolutely devastating for his family...
I just thank my lucky stars that my family is safe and well xoxo
So............Now it's time to get serious about shifting the last of this bloody weight and getting to goal before my wedding!
Procrastination is going to get me NOWHERE fast, so I need to get on to it!
I tell ya - the Weight Loss Surgery was a fantastic thing.... but now I actually have to work at keeping it off!
People who think that the surgery is the easy way out are seriously deluded! hehehehe.....
Picked up my wedding dress from the Courier today - can't wait to get home ad open it!!!
EXCITED MUCH?!?!?
Tuesday, October 25, 2011
Tuesday 25th October 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
How long till the wedding now, time has gone so quick..... And you all look stunning, and glad you had a good time :-)
ReplyDeletegorgeous the pair of you. (waves to Steph) glad you have a great time out...
ReplyDeleteyeah when is the wedding?????
Anne :)
I agree, wonderful pictures! It sounds like a good weekend except for the 2 lots of bad news - very sad about the drowning and I hope Steph's ex-boyfriend makes a full recovery. And aren't our mums gems when we need them?
ReplyDeleteThat week off sounds like it was the best decision you could have made. Good luck with the weight loss!
Penny xo
I agree with the WLS being something to work at now Jo.
ReplyDeleteHave you thought any more about if you are going to manage to come to the conference. We arranged the pricing to also include just the day session.