Friday, July 29, 2011

Friday 29th July 2011

I start the week with great intentions of updating my blog every day... then life gets in the way, and before I know it, it's a week or so later and I still haven't so much as given it another thought!

Life keeps on chugging along here at a steady pace...

Being back at work means that I don't have a lot of time left in the day for ME, so things like my blog get neglected :(




Everyone in my house has now been sick... me included, although I was the lucky one and got away with a very mild cold.

Nothing that a few panadol, cough lozenges and some nasal spray couldn't fix :)


Jeremy got the flu twice, Rhian got it once, and Jaynie got it once as well...

Although with Jaynie it was terrible, cos the anitibiotics that the Dr put her on, caused her to get a seriously runny bum, and from that, she got a nasty case of nappy rash!

Poor wee thing had a very very sore wee bottom, and was NOT a happy camper at all.

But... we managed to get it sorted out thanks to some FANTASTIC cream mum found in Aussie.

It's called "Moo Goo" and I tell ya what... the range of products they have is nothing short of AMAZING for sensitive skin!



Rhian has just had two weeks off school for the holidays, and has loved every minute of the Holiday Program that she has been going to.

She's a happy girl, and doesn't want to go back to school on Monday - she wants the Holiday program to continue!

It's great, cos they get to go on all sorts of trips and do heaps of activities that I just wouldn't be able to do with a baby in tow...



I've been having trouble with Jaynie sleeping - or her LACK of sleeping actually!

With me now working full time again, I simply can't function on a few hours sleep, and lately, that is all I have been getting.

The problem has been her Dummy / Pacifier.

She will go to bed sucking on the thing, then spit it out when she is falling asleep....

Of course when she wakes up and it is not in her mouth, she gets upset and cried until someone goes and puts it back in her mouth!

This can happen up to 10 times a night, and since Jeremy sleeps through her cries (most of the time) it is left up to me to get up and "re-plug" her as we call it :)

So...... I bit the bullet on Wednesday night, and decided that she will NOT rely on a dummy anymore, and I took it off her!!!

Yep - the night was pretty bad, as she had to cry it out a couple of times, but the most she EVER cried was for 8 minutes, and even then it wasn't a serious hard out upset cry!

At daycare yesterday I explained what I was doing, and why I was doing it, and they were more than happy to help out.... so, she went through the entire day (including sleeps) without the dummy!!

Last night before bed, she was a little cranky, and Jeremy and I "had words" about the whole Dummy issue, but I perservered, and once again, we had a Dummy-less night, and she only woke twice!!

Once at 10pm, and tehan again at 3am.

YAY!!!

I'm sure it is probably too early to claim it as a success, but I'm hoping for good things this weekend!

Wish us luck!!!



What else.....

Our social calendar is empty at the moment, nothing on the horizon at all, so that is actually quite good in some ways!

This working lark is bloody hard yakka with a baby, so I'm grateful for the weekends and the time that I get to spend it with my little family :)



We have made a start on wedding plans, and I have ordered my dress already!
Yeah, I know the wedding is still 8 months away, but I fell in love with this dress about a year ago, and despite looking for other ones, I kept on going back to this one, so I ordered it!

It is very very simple, and I just adore it.

It will totally suit the casual theme that I want our wedding to be, or if we change our mind, and go a bit more posh, then it can be glammed up with a veil and heels no problems :)

It's made to measure and I had to supply my meaurements for them.... of course I shaved a few cms off here and there, so I have a definite goal to aim for! YAY!!

I also found out that the flowers that I want are only in bloom in February & March, so that is a total score as well! I'm stoked :)

And... we have pretty much found the wedding rings we want as well, so slowly, it will al come together :)



Not much more to report, like I said, now that I am working again, my life is pretty boring!



I'm still an 80's girl (only just this morning mind you!!), and it's not really taking much effort to stay under the 90kg mark, so I'm thrilled about that!
Now all I have to do is put in a bit more effort and actually start LOSING again instead of just maintaining, and I will be even happier!



Righto - time to go visit my wee girl at Daycare - my favourite part of the day :)



7 comments:

  1. Moo Goo is fantastic. My little guy has eczema and it has worked a treat.

    One thing for nappy rash that works is tea! Make up some strong tea and let it cool. I lay him down on an old town and drench a nappy liner with the tea and let it sit on his bottom. I just drizzle the tea on. Do it for 20 mins if you can. The rash and any blisters will be gone by the next morning. Tried and tested by myself!

    Bel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry that should be lay him down on an old towel! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good work with the dummy!!!! My daughter was the same and we ditched it, best decision ever.... Keep up the awesome work

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember doing the same thing with Paige with her dummy and although she sucks her thumb (yes, even now at 5.5 when she gets tired) she learned to sleep through from about 3 months without it... whew....

    Ahhh so long ago now....

    ;)
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never saw the point of dummies, they always seemed to be more trouble than solutions. I never used them and both my kids slept well at nights almost from the beginning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amanda has the same problem with the damn dummy!
    But she hasn't taken it off Emily... YET.
    I sure would.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jo - your wee girl has the most amazing eyes. Just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete