It was pretty much inevitable I guess... but it still sucks!
Rhian has had a cold for 3 weeks now, the runny nose and cough drive me insane, but she is happy enough so I should be grateful for that!
Jeremy has also been sick, in fact he has been on antibiotics, cos his cold turned in to a chest infection.
So, I thought it was pretty lucky that Jaynie didn't show any signs of catching it.
Until yesterday........
The runny nose, the coughing.... it breaks my heart to listen to it, knowing that she can't understand what is going on.
This morning she woke up really wheezy, so after calling the Dr, I have an appointment for her later today.
I know that there is probably nothing that he can do, but I really don't want to head in to the weekend with a sick baby without doing everything that I can to make sure she is OK - if that makes sense?
Lucky for me, I had pre-arranged (before I went on maternity leave) to have Thursday & Friday off of this week, and Friday off next week. So.... having hardly any sleep for the past 2 night due to Jaynie being so unsettled, hasn't really been that much of an issue as what it would have been if I had to get up and go to work as well.
Let's just hope that she has improved (and is sleeping again) by Monday - cross ya fingers for me!!
Speaking of work..... I managed to make it through the 3 days this week without too much effort.
Before I went on Maternity leave, I was doing a lot of project work, closing down one distribution centre, and opening 2 others in different cities, it was manic, but I loved it.
We went "live" with the new distribution centres in my last week, so my project was complete.
Now that I am back at work, I have been given a completely new range of work to be doing, and although I can see it being a challenge, and something that I could really sink my teeth in to, I'm not too sure that it is what I really want to be doing...
It also means that redundancy is out of the question (for now), so it's a little disappointing for me to be honest.
I will just take it as it comes to start with, but I'm not sure what my long term prospects will be.... confused much? Yip!!
Tomorrow night, we have an awards dinner to go to. It's an Annual thing, and it's formal.
I didn't have anything to wear, so had to go dress shopping last week, and although it was quite an exciting prospect, it was also marred by the fact that I didn't have a lot to spend on anything, and I was sure that I wouldn't find anything at all!
So..... I started at City Chic, cos I had seen a gorgeous dress in the window that I just loved!
City Chic - Helena Chain Maxi
I can't figure out how to get the pic off their website and in to my blog.... so if you can be bothered - check out the link :)
Anyway, it turns out that the XS (that's EXTRA SMALL - Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha) was too big for me, so after wiping the tears of disbelief from my eyes, and regaining my composure, I headed down a few stores, to Staxs.
I found a couple of black dresses on their sale rack, so picked up both and headed to the changing rooms.
Now, I still see myself as bigger than I am, even more so since I have had Jaynie, so I had size 16's with me.
The shop lady came to see how I was going, and I said that I thought I might need a smaller size...
I showed her and she agreed... off she went to look on the rack... and came back with size 12's!!!
I giggled a bit, but agreed to try them on..... THEY BOTH FIT!!!!
I couldn't decide what one I liked better, so the next day I got Sonya (Jeremy's sister) to give me her opinion.
Anyway, they were both on sale, so I got the BOTH!!!
So....... now I need to decide what one I am actually going to wear tomorrow night!!
This one is Sonya's favourite:

And this is the other one, less formal I reckon:
Decisions, decisions!!
I have chopped my head off the photos cos I am a vain bitch, and I look like total crap after 2 nights of not much sleep! Hehehehe......
I fell over the other day..... while I was carrying Jaynie in the carseat capsule!
I lost my footing and assed over, completely!
I dropped her capsule, and then landed on in directly on my ribs on the right hand side, just under my boob.
OhMiGod it HURT like hell!!!
Jaynie was fine, in fact, I am sure that she gave a bit of a giggle as she sat sideways in the capsule! Jeremy came running and sorted her out, then helped me up too...
At the time it hurt like hell, but as the days have gone by, it hurts SO MUCH MORE!!!
yesterday was the worst day by far.... I could barely drive, couldn't cough or sniff or laugh or even breath too deeply!
Rolling over in bed is a mission, and I can't carry Jaynie with my right arm at all. Picking her up hurts, and reaching up high is painful as well.
I'm thinking that it is just bruising, cos apparently if I had broken anything, then it would be way more painful than it is!
I'll see how I go over the weekend, and if it is still this painful on Monday - I'm gonna go see my Dr.
Righto - it has taken me most of the afternoon to finish this post, so best I finish it off now before I get sidetracked again!
Oh yeah..... here are some pictures that I took the other day..... Jaynie certainly has her Daddy's eyes!!
God I love these guys!!!!
Hi Jo. Love City Chic, in fact my wedding dress was from there, and I have had so many compliments! I love the first black dress you got from STAXS, wow Size 12 how exciting! I hope Jaynie is feeling better soon, poor little thing. Am loving all the updated photos. Am starting, again, to lose weight, 1.6 kilos first week, but a long way to go! Big hugs xx have a great weekend and expect more photos with the dress you choose, and include face please..lol :) xx
ReplyDeleteBoth dresses are gorgeous but I like the first one the best
ReplyDeleteHi Jo,
ReplyDeleteI love both the dresses too, they are gorgeous and elegant. You look fantastic in them, and it cracks me up that the dress you wanted was too big for you.
Hope your ribs improve and that the family gets well soon. The photos of Jeremy and Jayni are beautiful.
Best wishes to all, Penny xo