Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Tuesday 19th July 2011

Another week, and this week will be my first full week back at work... the weekend flew by far too quickly for my liking!!
It seems I barely have time for anything these days, my blog is neglected, and I hardly read other blogs either...
I'm finding that my time is precious and there is definitely not enough of it!

Anyway.... what's been happening?
I have 2 broken ribs!
Remember I mentioned falling over a couple of weeks ago - I was carrying Jaynie in the carseat from the garage to the back door, I lost my footing and arsed over.
I dropped the carseat and then landed on the handle of it... Jaynie was fine and even gave a bit of a giggle at being sideways looking at me on the ground!
Well, that was Monday the 4th, and by Tuesday 12th the pain was so bad, I couldn't breathe deeply, I couldn't cough or sneeze or twist or bend over to tie my shoes or anything!
I couldn't even sleep as the pain was that bad.
So.... I gave in and went to the Dr.
A physical exam, and some x-rays later.... it was confirmed - 2 fractured ribs thankyouverymuch!
The painkillers I have now are fantastic, BUT they give me a false sense of "feeling OK" and I have over exerted a couple of times in the past few days...
Plus, one of the typical side effects is.......... constipation!
Great!!
So... it's either be in pain, or be pain free but "bunged up" so to speak! hehehe...
What a decision!

Damn - forgot about a meeting that is starting in about 5 minutes, so best I get a move on and get sorted for it...
I will leave you with more photos of my cherub :)












She LOVES the bath!!!

4 comments:

  1. Sorry about the ribs Jo, that must be painful. I remember being on painkillers (codeine) for neuralgia and I kept falling asleep in the middle of the day. Hope it gets better soon. And Jaynie is the sweetest cherub ever! Love her smile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch!

    Jaynie is a beautiful little baby and so cute! LOL she has a mischevious look about her:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! Now, if you were still "padded" that never would've happened. Only skinny girls break their ribs when they fall. hehehe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you are feeling a bit better now?
    Baby is adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete