Crazy busy weekend, but I loved it!
The builders were there both days, spending a total of 18 hours working, and they got heaps done!
There is still a days work left to finish the house, but they can't come back until the 19th, so we will just have to wait it out...
The painter finally turned up yesterday and started prepping the house too, so it is all go - YAY!
Of course I spent most of the weekend making food (and about a million coffees) for the workers, so I have been on my feet for a lot of the time...
And I was absolutely buggered by Sunday night!
I also managed to sand back the walls in the baby's room, so all I have to do now is sand back the window frames and skirting, then I can paint - YAY!
Hopefully next weekend :)
I'm starting to get more tired these days, and my belly is starting to get heavier by the day it seems.
Braxton Hicks contractions are also making an appearance and some days they can be quite painful, but I'm really trying hard not to complain..... too much!
I had a mini freak out moment yesterday, when I was reading the "Mums to be Forum" I joined online.... one lady is having a C-section on the 16th Feb - 2 weeks earlier than her due date.
Of course the 2 weeks earlier thing isn't freaking me out - it's the fact that it is in just 2 weeks time!
Then there was a bit of a conversation about swaddling and blankets and sleeping positions for baby etc, and THAT is what really freaked me out!
I mean, I have done it all before right? It shouldn't be anything to freak out over right?
WRONG!!!
I'm going to have a baby in my arms that is totally 100% dependant on me for everything in just a few weeks time....
OK, so it is 8 weeks until my due date, but what if I go early?
HOLY SHIT!!
Am I really ready for all this again?
I mean REALLY ready??
Sure, it's too bloody late to back out now, and I guess all expectant mums have a freak out period at some stage..... but WOW!
I'm gonna have a baby! hehehehe.....
Here is me yesterday in all my pregnant over-tired glory at 32 weeks:
I really do need to figure out the lighting me thinks :)

It's weird.... I'm constantly being told that I look "tiny" for 32 weeks, but to be honest - I feel huge!!
Probably something to do with the fact that I look down on my belly and the bulge out the front looks enormous to me from that angle.
Especially since I did have such a flat stomach (considering all the weight I lost) before I got pregnant.
Not a lot more to say....... work is mental busy, and although I usually enjoy that, because I am not sleeping that well, and I am constantly tired, it's actually wearing me out a bit.
I have applied for a day off a week in the three weeks leading up to my official leave starting, but it actually looks like it will be turned down, just due to the workload and the fact that we have a major project going on that I am an integral part of the team for.
I'm not sure if I am flattered by that, or pissed off to be honest!
But, until I am told officially whether it is approved or not, I will just hold out the hope that I get the time off....
Fingers crossed!!
Tuesday, February 1, 2011
Tuesday 1st February 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You don't look huge at all! It's a cute baby bump:-)
ReplyDeleteGosh Jo, you look gorgeous.. and don't worry bout the "freak out", that's perfectly normal :) you'll be fine!! :)
ReplyDeleteAnne (lose2live)