Monday, February 7, 2011
Monday 7th February 2011
A busy weekend again, but not really much to report!
How does that work??
Friday night we went out for dinner with some friends from down the road - it was lovely. Just really relaxing and we were home by 11pm so it wasn't a late night at all for this Nanna!
Saturday morning we decided to head over to the Martinborough Fair which I have never been to before - shock horror!
The weather here was pretty damn average, so I was in jeans and a long sleeve top - BAD MOVE!
It was 31 degrees over the hill, so I sweltered!
We didn't end up looking around the entire market, as I just couldn't cope with the heat in what I was wearing, which was a great disappointment, as I LOVE the heat and LOVE markets, but I just couldn't waddle my way around and actually enjoy it, so we stayed for about an hour then retreated to the comfort of the air conditioned car! hehe...
In hindsight, I should have just bought myself a new outfit at the fair and changed in to it over there, but of course I didn't think about that at the time - DUH!
Anyway..... it was fun for the short time that we were there and there is SOOOOO much to look at!
I only bought a couple of Thai sauces, and some flavoured licorice (which was gross by the way!) so it didn't break the bank at all :)
Saturday night Jeremy cooked the most DIVINE lamb roast I have ever had, and we watched a DVD.
Well, we actually both fell asleep in the DVD to be honest, and I woke up and turned it off at 9.13pm!
Sunday morning we were both wide awake at 6am, so instead of wasting the day, we got up and started on the Baby's room.
I lasted about an hour before I gave up on the sanding, but Jeremy kept going like a trouper and finally stopped at about 4pm!
His mate from down the road arrived late in the morning, and they decided to replace the windows that needed it, so that was fantastic!
Now... every window in my house that SHOULD open and close, DOES open and close - YAY!
There is still some more sanding to do before we can start painting, but with a little luck (fingers crossed) we might get to that this week, and can look at painting next Sunday - YAY!
Next weekend is gonna be busy though - Friday night we have a formal dinner thing to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the company Jeremy works for, and then on Saturday, we have my co-workers wedding over in Martinborough.
Then the next weekend - I am throwing myself a Baby Shower!
Well, it's a combined Baby Shower with "Girls Lunch"
And it is just really an excuse to get together with everyone and have a nice meal with some good wine (I'll be on the water!) and a good old catch up before I have Baby Bob and my life turns upside down for a few months!!
I've organised it at a local cafe here, and since it is a BYO, I am supplying all of the wine, and my guests just have to pay for their lunch.
HOPEFULLY it will be a success!!
Of course if there is anyone out there in BlogLand that wants to come along - let me know and I will flick you the details!
The more the merrier I reckon!!
Righto - this has taken me all day to type out cos I am bloody busy - so I will sign off here so I can actually publish it before I need to leave!
Bella is at the Groomers today, so I need to go collect Rhian from school, then collect Bella from the groomers, then shoot across town again to get to my midwife appointment!
Busy busy busy...... But I love it :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I groomed my two today, they look like a butcher attacked them! Oh well, I saved myself $140 if nothing else.
ReplyDeleteHey if you are still interested in me making you a Baby Bag in green... .. how about you find the fabric you want...buy 2 metres of it and post it to me? I will happily make it for you ...reduced cost of course! Maybe $20?