Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Wednesday 16th February 2011

I seriously can't believe that I haven't updated since last week!

Shocking!
I guess that is what happens when work and home are bloody busy huh??

Here is me on Friday night before I went out to a function to celebrate the 20th Anniversary of the company that Jeremy works for.
I felt pretty good :)



And judging from the reactions that I got, I looked pretty decent too ;)

Saturday we had my co-workers wedding to go to over in Martinborough, and although I took the camera, I didn't realise (until it was too late) that the battery was dead, and I didn't take the charger with me, so no photos from Saturday - not even of the bride!
Dumb :(

Both functions we attended over the weekend were fantastic, and we had an absolutely blast!

Sunday was a busy day, and we spent it sanding and cleaning and getting the baby's room ready to paint.
So..... this weekend, when I am off at my Baby Shower, Jeremy will either be painting her room, or helping the builders replace the huge front window in the lounge.
I tell ya - it is all go go go at our place at the moment, and by tomorrow afternoon (weather permitting) the painter will have finished one whole side of the house!!
How cool is that???

Anyway, work is mental busy at the moment and we are one down with Natalie being on leave for her wedding etc.
But..... I "think" I am coping OK.
Although I must admit on Monday morning I felt the damn tears pricking at my eyes when I was given yet another job to do...
I totally understand it, and I KNOW that we are in the middle of a huge project and transition stage for the business.
I also completely understand that I am an integral part of the team for this transition, and that there is pretty much no one else in the team that can do what I do.
It makes me feel needed, and it makes me feel like I am contributing something for a change :)
BUT........ I just wish that my hormones wouldn't make such a big deal out of the workload! hehehehe.....
I was here late on Monday night, late last night, and I haven't had a proper lunch break for a week and a half.......
I am determined to walk out of here on time tonight and just go home and RELAX, since Jeremy has a meeting and I don't have to do a single thing!
No dinner to be cooked - I will just have eggs on toast or something just as easy!
BLISS!
i might even have a nice long soak in a hot (but not too hot) bath with my book that I have been trying to read since Christmas!!
I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!

The rest of the week is also looking busy, we are supposed to catch up with friends over from Australia tomorrow night for dinner, then drinks with some other friends on Friday night.
Then of course I have my baby Shower on Saturday, and Jeremy has the builders (and probably the painter) here on Saturday.

I decided to organise my own Baby Shower.
I wondered about how it would look, but then I realised that I didn't actually care too much to be honest!
I'm not in to the "traditional;" type Baby Showers, and I can't imagine sitting around playing naff games and eating club sandwiches talking about nappies and pushchairs etc.
So.... I have taken a step back from all that, and instead organised a "Girls Lunch" at a local restaurant.
Everyone has to pay for their own meal (which ranges from $8 - $30 depending on what they choose) and I am supplying all the wine....
Now, a lot of the girls I know are drinkers - hell so am I when I am not up the duff - so I have been stocking up on the wine for a few weeks now!
The spare room looks like a bar! hehehe....
According to all the RSVP's there will be approx 27 people there, so I am hoping that 2 dozen bottles of wine will cover them all!
If not - I'll have to make an emergency dash to the supermarket to restock! hehehehe...
I'm really looking forward to it.
It's a great chance to get together with the girls and just have a nice lunch, before the madness of having a newborn hits me!
It's been nearly 7 years since I had Rhian (she will be 7 in May - can you believe that!!!) so I almost feel like a first time mum all over again!

Anyway..... I better get my butt moving and get some more work done if I wanna get out of here on time tonight!!
Oh yeah - here is me this morning, 34 weeks :)
Check out the poses! hehehehe.....

My hair is crap at the moment - trying to grow it out and it wont do anything I want it to, so instead of getting frustrated and heading to the hairdressers to get it ALL chopped off - I am tying it back!
May look a bit harsh, but I really REALLY want to get it past this awkward stage :)















2 comments:

  1. Ops - I think I forgot to rsvp - I am coming, just not drinking as I will be driving!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look FABULOUS! You don't even look pregnant from the front.
    6 weeks to go...wow it's gone fast.
    I hope you have a really lovely Baby shower... I'm so sad I can't be there too.

    ReplyDelete