Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Tuesday 22nd February 2011


What a FAN-FREAKEN-TASTIC weekend I have had!!!

Friday night was quiet..... I went straight home after work cos I was friggen KNACKERED!
Jeremy went out for a beer with his boss and was home by 7pm!
Pretty sure we were in bed by about 8pm, and if my memory serves me right, Jeremy fell asleep during American Idol and I think I made it to the end which is about 9.30pm!

Saturday morning was an early start, the painter was banging around in the garage at about 7.30, then the builders turned up just after 8am, so Jeremy was helping both of them out and being a "Jack of all trades".
I just did some washing, made some coffees, baked a couple of cakes and then got ready to go to my Baby Shower.
So......... I took 24 bottles of wine with me, I had 26 guests, and guess how many bottles I brought home again??
2!
TWO!
Yep - the wonderful ladies that I was privileged to have as my guests, drank 22 bottles of wine between them!  
And........ the only reason that the last two bottles didn't disappear, is because we got kicked out of the restaurant!
FANTASTIC!!!!!
It started at 1pm, and by 6pm we had to "move along" as they needed to set up for the dinner guests!
Some of the gals went next door and carried on at the next bar, but I was absolutely shattered, so I headed home at about 6.30pm, to find the blimmen builders STILL banging and crashing around the place!
Anyway - I LOVED my baby shower, it was just perfect in my eyes!
I'm bummed that I didn't really get around to have a decent catch up with everyone, cos by the time everyone got there, then I unwrapped presents, then we ate, then people started to leave again...  Except the hard core girls of course *wink*
So..... I was thoroughly spoilt rotten and was totally blown away by some of the gifts.... it was just awesome, from start to finish!
THANK YOU to those of you that were able to make it - especially the "Palmy Girls" for making a road trip out of it!
I'm truly blessed to have such an amazing bunch of friends and family!!
Mwah!!!!
P.S.  I didnt even take my camera out of my bag at all, so will have to wait for one of the lovely ladies that were in attendance, to email me some pics though.
Yep - I'm HOPELESS!!!

So...... like I said, when I got home on Saturday evening, the builders were still there, and I think they finally left at about 8pm.
But - they are completely finished and don't have to come back again at all!
AWESOME!!!
They removed the old rotten front window, and replaced it with another one that we got second hand a few years ago that has been sitting in the garage the whole time!
There is a bit of touch up work that Jeremy needs to finished on the inside, like some plastering and painting around the new window, but that is a relatively small job in comparison to what has been done over the past few weeks.
Anyway..... the painter got one whole side of the house completely finished, and is now working on the back side - YAY!!!!
And then Jeremy and I got stuck in on Sunday and painted the baby's room!
It is now a gorgeous shade of green :)
I will have to take a photo once I get all the furniture in there and set up.
Most of it is done, but I'm seriously re-thinking the curtains :)
I got completely neutral fabric and made them BEFORE we knew that this wee passenger was a girl.... and now that I know what flavour she is - I wonder if I should change the colour and go with something softer (and pinker!)
I mean they only cost about $30 to make, so it's not as if it is any great cost outlay.....  Dunno - I will have to think about that one!
Hehehe....

What else..........
I have the midwife again tonight - and every week from here on in!
You KNOW you are on the home stretch when you have to see her every week!!  hehe...
I'm hoping my blood pressure wont be too high this week - last time it was the highest it has ever been since I have been pregnant!
Although, in saying that, my blood pressure has been abnormally low throughout the whole pregnancy, so "high" for me last time was actually 110/70 - which apparently is completely normal for everyone else!
The lowest it got was a couple of months ago, and it was just 70/50!
Not even sure if I am saying it right, but those of you who know about it all will understand what I am saying I'm sure!  
No wonder I was getting major dizzy spells any time I stood up too fast!  hehehe..

Crikey - most of this post has been pregnancy / baby related!!!

Hmmmm, must get a life me thinks!  

Work - I'm determined NOT to let work get to me in my last 4 weeks!
I am going to start at my normal start time, finished at my normal finish time, and take my breaks!
I started today - I actually went out during my lunch break!
OK, so it was only to the chemist and the supermarket - but it meant that I was away from my desk for 45 minutes!
And that is 45 minutes that I don't usually get!!

Outta here...

1 comment: