What a crazy time of year huh?
Our weekend was fantastic, but mental busy and it seems I hardly got a chance to breathe at times, but I loved it all the same!
Friday night I went out for work drinks to say goodbye to a workmate who is leaving, then after that I met Jeremy at another bar and caught up with some other friends until about 9pm when I headed home, only to be followed by Jeremy about half an hour later!
Saturday morning we were on the road at 9am, out delivering gift baskets to Jeremy's clients and by the time we finished doing that, it was 2.30pm!
Had a quick visit with Lisa and exchanged the kids Christmas presents (they aren't going to Sydney for Christmas) and then on the way home we organised with Jeremy's family to have a BBQ at our place so that we could all get together before we leave for Sydney.
So.... I had time to get home, make a couple of salads, duck to the supermarket, and then everyone arrived!
It was a great night though, surrounded by awesome people, playing great music and having some fantastic laughs - AWESOME!
They all left after midnight, and I think we got to bed by about 1am.... knackered!
Sunday morning we were up early again, and started on the house work, then grocery shopping, then we hired a Rug Dr and cleaned the carpets!
All of this took most of the day, and then I had a couple of friends coming for dinner, so I was preparing food throughout the day too.
Friends left at about 9pm, and we literally fell in to bed pretty much exhausted.... but happy :)
Then of course it was Monday yesterday so back to work.....
Got taken out for a long lunch yesterday, so that was lovely - came back to the office with a bag full of Christmas goodies - YUM!
Then out for dinner last night - simply because I couldn't be arsed cooking at all!!
Things are ticking along on the house renovations, so that is a HUGE step in the right direction!
The painter is locked and loaded and ready to start on the 10th January, and he will even be in to prep the windows while we are away, so that is even better!
Pretty sure we have a builder lined up to replace the rotten weatherboards and windows, and he will start around the same time as the painter.
Jeremy's friend from down the road is going to replace all the base boards while we are away and we will flick him some cash for that, so now it is just a matter of finding a couple of windows the right size, and we should be good to go!
They all reckon it will all be done and dusted by the end of January - THANK GOD!!!
I still have a few last minute things to sort out before leaving on Thursday for Sydney....
Just small things, like delivering a couple of Christmas Presents, dropping a key to the neighbours, and meeting with the house sitter - they will all be done tonight, then that leaves tomorrow night to pack and then Thursday morning to do a last minute tidy of the house and change the beds before the house sitter comes in and we take off - YAY!!
Plus.... we are having a Christmas morning tea tomorrow, so I have to ice the carrot cake that I made last night, and also coat the truffles in chocolate.
Lots to do, but I love being busy :)
Not sure that I will get back here to update before we leave for Sydney on Thursday, but I'll be taking my laptop with me so will no doubt post a few pictures and do a few updates from over there.
So for now, I will leave you with these photos:
Cankles...... My ankles and feet are usually pretty veiny and have definite definition,....... not so much anymore :(
Not sure what Thomas is trying to do here? Maybe hide from Bella?
Bella seemed to think it was a bit of a joke and looks suitably unimpressed :)
"Santa" and his helpers at his work Christmas party for the kids.... Rhian and Sophie look SOOOOOOO proud dontcha think?
"Santa" trying to make a quick getaway after handing out the presents.... pity his pants didn't want to stay up! hehehe...
And here is proof that Jeremy has actually held a baby before! 5 month old baby boy of a colleague of his.... doesn't he look like a natural *wink*
Glad you had time to catch up with all the relatives before coming over. :) Looking forward to seeing you all and hoping you have a good flight. Phew!!! you have been busy. Just remember lots of water & feet up when you can :)
ReplyDeletexoxoxoxoxo
Oh your poor feet, that doesn't look like fun at all. Maybe when your not running around so much that will give them a chance to settle back down because it sounds like you have been so busy and on your feet even more then usual.
ReplyDeleteI hope you guys have a blast in Australia.
Take care and have a fab holiday.
Hope you guys have a very merry christmas and happy new year - safe travels. Catch you next year!!
ReplyDeleteHave fun.
Kate (kittie444@hotmail.com)
Have a wonderful family Christmas Jo!
ReplyDeleteJeremy looks tha part with the baby!
And what's with Sana with no boots? Rhian looks adorable.
happy Christmas Jo have an awesome break away
ReplyDeleteWatch that fluid retention mate...if it gets worse see ya dr.
ReplyDeleteMy legs/feet look like that too. grrrr
MERRY CHRISTMAS and I hope you and the family have a wonderful time.
Have a wonderful Christmas and also have a fantastic holiday in Aussie :-)
ReplyDeleteHi Jo, I just re-discovered you & your blog! I remember when Rhian was born, oh so long ago!!!! I hope you are well, and that you enjoy your Christmas in Aus.
ReplyDelete