It's been a good weekend, with some fantastic weather, and I am feeling wonderful :)
All is good in the world!
Friday night was relatively boring, we just had a quiet night at home with fish and chips for dinner.
Saturday morning Jeremy was off to work before 6am, so I got stuck in to the house work and washing - changed all the beds and took full advantage of the glorious weather!
Swimming lessons for Rhian late in the morning, followed by a quick lunch for her, then off to a birthday party, while I went home again and carried on with more housework!
Jeremy came home from work and painted the kitchen walls, then washed (and polished the cars), and then before we knew it, it was time to get ready to go out for a Xmas Function!
It started at 6pm, but little did we know that the entertainment and food wasn't set to start until 8.30pm!
So... what does everyone do when there is no food or entertainment? They all stay out in the sun and drink!
As you can imagine, by the time 8.30 rolled around, there were a LOT of drunk people around - Jeremy included!
The night was a "Murder Mystery" theme, and there were some great laughs had by all.
But... by 12.30am, I was well and truly ready to go home, and thankfully I managed to persuade Jeremy that he didn't actually know how to play the guitar he was nursing (no idea where it came from) and that it was past his bed time and her really didn't need any more bourbon!
By the time we got home and in to bed it was past 1.30am, and I was KNACKERED!
Sunday morning rolled around, and I managed to get a bit of a sleep in - 10am I finally got out of bed, and made Jeremy come with me to collect Rhian from her dads.
On the way back, we decided to stop in and have lunch at a restaurant out in Upper Hutt, and it was the worst decision of the day!
The service was shocking and the food was just plain yuck!
Needless to say, we wont be going back there - EVER!
Home again on Sunday afternoon, and Rhian was desperate to use the cookie cutters that I had got her through Tupperware.
They were supposed to be a Christmas present but Little Miss Nosey spied them in the bag with the rest of my order, and insisted on taking a look at them!
Ah well, it filled in an hour or so, and she had a great time cutting out the cookies!
Although I managed to burn the bums on half the batch! Not entirely sure how I did that to be honest!
We used a chocolate shortbread recipe and it said to NOT use the fanbake option on the oven.
Well, I have never used the oven on anything but fanbake and grill, so I just used the setting I "thought" was normal bake.
Maybe it wasn't - I will have to see if I can find the instruction booklet! hehehe...
And that brings me to today.... Monday :)
I actually got out for a walk at lunch time - and I had forgotten how good it feels to be out here breathing in the fresh air and doing some thing GOOD for my body!
I've even keeping track of what I have eaten today, and am trying to eat foods that are high in both protein, and potassium - cos apparently potassium rich foods help to combat swollen ankles during pregnancy! And anything that can help that will be fantastic!!!
And - I passed on my morning Hot Chocolate this morning as well!
So.... where did the healthy eating and exercise need come from??
Two things......
Jeremy asking me a simple question, and then me jumping on the scales - that's where!
We were looking back over some photos, and came across this one:
It was taken in January of this year, and I was weighing in at around 88kgs.
I felt fantastic and looked pretty good too I reckon!
Of course, I got even lower than that, cos in March of this year, I got to my all time lowest of 83.8kg - I was within 2.8kg of "GOAL"
AWESOME!!!!!!
Anyway, Jeremy just asked a simple question: "Do you ever think you will fit that T-Shirt again?"
I nearly died!
The tears nearly started to flow...... but I managed to stop them, and compose myself to answer back with a resounding "HELL YES!!"
The thing is, is that I didn't realise that I didn't actually look like that anymore if that makes any sense??
Of course, you don't gain 13kgs without looking different!
And when I stopped and thought about it, I realised that I am FEELING the extra 13kgs!
My face feels fatter, my thighs and butt certainly feel heavier, and going by the fit of my clothes, they most definitely ARE bigger!
I just feel heavier and slower and fatter. Not just pregnant - FATTER!
So..... I made a promise to myself that I would be a big brave girl and face the music....
Which is exactly what I have done... I finally got the damn scales out and jumped on them.
I was expecting a gain, but not nearly as much as what it was!
Seriously....... I have been blissfully unaware of how much weight I have actually gained, and to say that I was shocked was a complete understatement!
GUTTED
MORTIFIED
EMBARRASSED
SHOCKED
STUNNED
DISGUSTED
SAD
99.3kgs!
That means that I have gained 13.3 kgs in 5 months.
I was 86kg when I found out I was pregnant.
I AM GUTTED!
I was given the "guideline" by my nutritionist, of "allowing" myself to gain 10kg throughout the entire pregnancy.
Well - it seems that I have well and truly surpassed that bloody target haven't I?
So... it's back to healthy eating, its back to walking, its back to taking care of myself (and Baby Bob) and not using the excuse of "eating for 2".
Which is what I have been doing for the past few months - and it HAS to stop!!
Actually - it HAS stopped!
As of this morning!!
I'm not being stupid about it, I'm not starving myself, in fact far from it.
I'm simply cutting out the sugar and the carbs and going back to eating how I am "supposed" to be eating after Weight Loss Surgery.
High protein, small meals.
No grazing throughout the day.
No chocolate for snacks.
No constant nibbling from the lollie jar.
Just good, wholesome, low GI, high protein, high potassium, filling healthy food, mixed with moderate exercise and I just know I will see (and feel) a change.
Then, once Baby Bob is born, I will be on a mission to get to GOAL!!!
And now..... on to all things GORGEOUS......
Here is what I am looking forward to the most out of our trip away:
My gorgeous adorable nephew, Tyler.
Of course I m also looking forward to seeing my sensationally wonderful family..... that goes without saying!!
But I am soooooo in love with this wee man, I can't wait to get near him!
Isn't he just the most adorable thing you have ever seen in your life???
Of course I am totally biased, but I personally think that he is the best looking kid I have ever laid eyes on!
CLUCK CLUCK CLUCK!!!
I tell ya what - he is gonna get so sick of his Aunty Jo!
Hehehehe.....
P.S. Don't suppose anyone (local) has a Swiss Ball that they aren't using at present and could lend out for a couple of months?
My midwife suggested getting one to sit on at work to strengthen my back muscles, and to also keep the circulation going in my feet, to reduce the welling.
It's worth a shot?? I'm gonna look on TradeMe too, but thought I would ask anyway :)
Tyler is so cute!!! I have a swiss ball, maybe I could get it as far as your mum's for you?
ReplyDeleteLook here you... you are still bloody gorgeous and I am totally sure you will lose all the baby weight as soon as your new bub is born!
ReplyDeleteTyler is tooo bloody GORGEOUS to be a boy... are you fulla's sure he ain't a girl???? lol
Back to add to this. Don't even go there with saying you are feeling disgusted etc..... When I saw you the other day you were postively glowing, it looked pretty much all baby bump to me. Good though you are aware and now not eating for two.
ReplyDeleteagree with the comments above BUT...can totally relate to what ya saying *sigh* I've had WLS too and I'm 17wks preggy at the mo. I had gained about 10kgs through bad eating prior to falling prego - and have prolly put another 10kgs on since - can't confirm that though as the kids have broken my scales, so will find out what the real damage is when I see the midwife on thurs. So can totally relate toe verything you have said and how you are feeling...
ReplyDelete