Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Wednesday 8th December 2010


It's bloody amazing how good I feel after just TWO days of cutting out sugar and carbs!!!
I feel alive again!  I feel like a person again - not just a walking incubator!
I'm already less bloated and puffy looking (well i think I am!), and I actually FEEL healthier - just knowing that I am doing some good for my body and Baby Bob.
FANTASTIC!!!

The subject of Baby Showers has come up on the parenting forum that I belong to.....
Everyone seems to be in the midst of organising them, and a few ladies have already had them.
Not organising them for themselves, rather having someone else organise them for them - if that makes sense?
That got me to thinking that I don't actually have many friends here anymore....
Sure, I have "friends" but they are scattered all over the country, I guess that is what happens as you get older, people move away etc.
Anyway, it just made me a bit sad (not feeling sorry for myself sad, just a bit down) that I don't actually have a best girl friend anymore.
My best friend is Jeremy, we spend most of our time together, and although I love that, it also makes me realise that I have lost touch with a lot of people, and that makes me sad too :(
It's my own doing of course, I can't blame anyone else for that...  it just makes me sad, that's all.

Anyway, enough of that!
I feel great, and there are only 16 more sleeps until we go to Sydney!
YAY!!!!

2 comments:

  1. You have got me chick. I will be your best buddie.

    Rose :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean Jo. I have heaps of friends, but not one really close "girlfriend" anymore.

    Si & i pretty much do everything together,apart from my WLS stuff.

    Great job on the cutting back on carbs and sugars. I seem to be okay during the day, but as soon as I get home I am looking for food.

    ReplyDelete