Monday, May 17, 2010

Monday 17th May 2010



It's been a good weekend.....

With the exception of my birthday cake baking disaster on Friday night, Rhian's party went off without a hitch :)
I used a recipe that I have used time and time again..... a trusty Banana cake that comes out perfect every time.
EXCEPT THIS TIME ;)
Sometimes, when I want to make the cake more exciting, I add chocolate chips, which is what I did this time, but I added too many, and they all sank to the bottom and as a result my cake sank too.....
I was gonna make a number 6, so I had a ring tin, plus a loaf tin, plus the left over batter went in to a muffin tray....
ALL of them overflowed, then SANK.....
Horribly!
Ah well......... I should really learn to stick to the recipe *wink*

Her party started at 2pm, so I figured I would leave home a little earlier and call in to the Supermarket and pick up a cake on the way....
Well, Countdown didn't have anything suitable, Pak N Save didn't have any big cakes at all, New World sucked and even Mr Bun only had a boring looking carrot cake on offer....
I ended up getting a chocolate gateau from Woolworths, and added some "Happy Birthday" candles to the top of it...
The kids loved it, so that was all that mattered.
None of the parents stayed at all, so it was just Chris and I with 11 screaming 5 - 6 year olds.  
I had given Jeremy a "leave pass" and told him that he didn't need to come, purely because I thought that some parents would stay, and I would be busy talking to them
It wasn't too bad though, cos once they had eaten their party food, Rhian had unwrapped the presents, and they had eaten the cake, the kids all just played happily in the playground for an hour and a half, and Chris and I just chilled out with a cup of coffee.
Then the best part was the fact that I got to get up and walk out without cleaning up a thing :)
Fantastic!!!

The rest of the weekend was pretty cool too.....  I took Rhian and Lizzie home after the party, and they played happily with Rhian's new toys.
Lizzie stayed the night, then Sunday we all went grocery shopping, then out to lunch, then home again.
I finally got my girl to myself on Sunday evening when Lizzie's mum came to take Lizzie home, and after a pork roast for dinner, and snuggle son the couch, it was bed time for her, followed by me very shortly after!

Not a very exciting weekend, but a good one all the same...

3 comments:

  1. Sounds exhausting.

    I must admit that when my kids get invited to a party now, I drop and run!.....hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a lovely weekend :) All busy here!!!!! Will talk soon :)
    Love & hugs to all.
    xoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwwww you are a smart girl for not having the party at home, the mess kids can make in party mode is unbelievable and yet I still haven't learnt my lesson! I can't believe your little princess is 6 already, how that time has flown.

    ReplyDelete