Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Tuesday 28th June 2001

My last Tuesday as a Stay-at-home-mum :(
I'm taking time to enjoy every last minute of it!

Dropped another kilo this week - YAY!
88.5kg flashed up at me yesterday morning from the scales - I was happy with that!

We went out and booked our costumes for the fancy dress party that we are going to this Saturday night on the weekend.
We have decided on Shrek and Princess Fiona - the costumes are just awesome, and I will make sure to get loads of photos, cos I reckon it is gonna be a scream!
Jeremy isn't too impressed with having to wear green tights - but they look fabulous, so I think he is coming around to the idea! hehehe...

I really need to get my ass in to gear and start planning our wedding!
It is just 8 months away, and I haven't done a single thing towards it!
ARGH!!!
I tell ya - I just can't be bothered to be honest!
I'm totally happy with life the way it is, and I guess cos I have been through the big wedding thing already, it doesn't really excite me to be honest... kinda like "been there, done that, know how much it costs!"
We have a teeny tiny budget, and just trying to make any kind of decision seems like a huge thing.
Maybe it is because I have been so engrossed in Jaynie over the past few months?
Not sure entirely, but I barely have enough time in the day to do everythiing I need to now, lord only knows how things will work out when I go back to work next week.... and then trow in trying to plan a wedding as well???
I DON'T THINK SO!
It's not that I don't want to get married at all.... it's just I can't be bothered planning it - does that make sense?
I tell ya what - if money was not an object, I would HIRE someone to do it all for me!
I would just pick out my dress, and turn up on the day - that would be my idea of a perfect wedding! I wouldn't care where it was, or what it cost, or who was there..... just so long as I didn't have to do a thing towards it - I'd be happy!
Actually, looking at it that way - if that happened, I would be the groom!! hahahahahahaha......

Righto - time to fly - I have work to do, housework to do and dinner to get ready for tonight.
Jaynie is sleeping, so I have to grab the opportunity to get stuff done!



5 comments:

  1. Maybe you could get friends and family to do most of the planning & organising instead of buying presents, that way you don't have the stress of all the hard work PLUS you don't end up with 6 toasters & 10 sets of wine glasses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know people that got married and then went to a restaurant and everyone paid for their own meal and the bride and groom paid for drinks. Was awesome and no one minded paying for their own meal as they didnt then have to by a gift.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Weddings can be whatever you want. It's all about the couple and that are surrounded with people that love and care about them. LOL - maybe you get Mum to do the planning and you just turn up like you want...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am one of four girls, and when the eldest got married we were all students / broke. For her gifts we did small parts of the wedding prep. I organised the kids games and bought little presents for them all to put in the treasure hunt. Another sister bought disposable cameras for all the tables.

    Of course, since then the other two got married but we all had jobs by then - we did say to the eldest bad luck, you got married when we were poor!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe it would be cheaper and a lot less hassle to just elope ... not necessarily overseas, but just to a place that you both love, then just have a big pot-luck bbq for friends when you get back.

    ReplyDelete