Thursday, June 23, 2011

Thursday 23rd June 2011

Holy crap - it's Thursday already!!!
Where has the week gone to??
I have 11 more sleeps to go before I head back to work.... I'm 50% looking forward to it, 50% dreading it!
I'm looking forward to having adult company again, but not looking forward to leaving my baby.
The daycare centre that Jaynie is going in to is literally a 3 minute walk from my office, so I have already told them that I will be popping in and out a lot! They are fine with that :)
PLUS.... Jeremy's aunty has just landed a part time job at the centre, and will actually be Jaynie's secondary carer... I nearly cried when I found this out, it is making it all a bit easier to deal with :)

We have a birthday party to go to next weekend, and it is a fancy dress party!
Now, in the past, I would have totally freaked out about getting a costume, cos I would be panicking that there would be nothing to fit me at all.... those doubts have all gone out the window and I'm really excited about it all!
We are going to a couple of costume hire places this weekend to check out what is on offer... I can't wait!!!

It's Jeremy's 33rd birthday on the 25th (Saturday) and I am pretty sure that we are gonna go out for a family lunch on Sunday. He doesn't want a big deal made out of it at all, so we will be keeping it low key... should be nice just to have a quiet one for a change :)

I went shopping today... got some MASSIVE bargains!
Briscoes have a bog sale on, so I stocked up on some things that we "need".
A new set of flannelette sheets, 60% off, so reduced from $160 down to $65
A new DUCK DOWN duvet inner, reduced from $280 down to $99
A queen size electric blanket for the spare bed down from $80 to just $30
And a single electric blanket for Rhian's spare bed, reduced from $40 down to just $15!!
I could hardly believe it when the total came to around $200 for over $550 worth of stuff!
BARGAIN :)

I think Jaynie must be going through a growth spurt or something at the moment, cos the past two nights she has woken every 4 hours and wanted a bottle each time!
She WAS sleeping for 7 - 8 hours straight before this, so I'm not sure what the story is, but I know that it is bloody tiring!!
How the heck did I do this for 8 weeks straight after she was born??
CRIKEY!!
I will be glad when she starts sleeping again.......

Righto - not much more to report, so it must be time to do another load of washing!
My life is so glamorous!! hehehe



1 comment:

  1. I love Briscoes sales - they really know how to do them properly!

    I sympathise with you re Jaynie - my friend dropped her daughter at daycare when she was 10 months old for the first time and then went and did some errands, and then burst into tears in Baby City - the woman there was very kind and gave her a hug. I was looking at parental leave the other day and going "how on earth would I go back that soon?" and I have a flexible job and am not even pregnant yet. Sigh!

    ReplyDelete