Sunday, April 17, 2011

Sunday 17th April 2011


All the days seem to run in to each other now... I barely know what day it is, and this was clearly evident on Friday, when I wrote Wednesday on the feeding notes I was keeping!
DUH!!
Jaynie was blimmen hard work last week, and I was really struggling to be honest!
It was the constant snakcing and napping that was proving to be the hardest thing to deal with.
Sleeping for an hour, then drinking 30 mls, then napping for another 45 minutes, then drinking 20mls.
I tried and tried to get her to take more milk at a feed, but no matter what I did - nothing seemed to work!
Then, I read in a book about trying a different teat and bottle.
So..... off I went to the Supermarket, bought some different ones, and whaddaya know - her first feed from the new bottle, she took 110mls!!
And, every feed after that she has taken AT LEAST 80mls!!
AND...... the bonus to all of this, is that she now has a full tummy, and is sleeping for 3 to 4 hours at a time!!
Last night, she was fed at 10pm, then didn't wake until 1.30am!! Then down again and sleeping until 4am!
BLISS!!!
I feel human again, and feel that this motherhood thing is pretty cool again :)

Anyway, apart from baby stuff, I don't really have a lot to say!!
Boring boring boring!!!

School holidays start tomorrow, so I will have Rhian here to "help" with Jaynie.... Rhian ADORES her sister so I am sure we will have fun :)
Just have to try my hardest NOT to spend too much money!
It is soooooo easy to go to the supermarket for "just one thing" and come out $40 or $50 later!
The cupboards are full but I still always find more stuff to buy!
Have to learn how to plan meals and NOT impulse buy me thinks!!

Righto - I better jump in the shower while she is sleeping!
I think I have managed to convince Jeremy that he needs to take us out for Brunch!
Nice work Joanna :)

And.....here are the latest photos......
I can't wait until she starts giving us REAL smiles!!!







4 comments:

  1. Hi Jo, I don't know if this will help as well (hopefully the new nipple has done the trick) but I remember going through the exact same thing with feeding and it was soooo tiring. The plunket nurse told me that often when they are drinking so little its because they have taken the edge off their hunger then happily fallen asleep because its so warm and cosy. She told me not to allow her to fall asleep until she had had a decent amount so her tummy stayed full for longer. One of the tricks she taught me was to gently rub her cheek as this would wake her up and keep her drinking for longer. I also used it to hurry her along as drinking 80ml would take twice as long as it was suppose to (due to having little suckles then stopping for a wee rest). I found this 'wake up and drink' also worked a treat and had the same effect as what the new teats have done. (so just another tip if you need it).

    Take Care 000

    ReplyDelete
  2. Especially love the 3rd photo down:-)

    My first baby was hard work to feed, very sleepy and kept dozing of after just a few little sips. Plunket told me to gently wash her face to waken. Also found she had a very high roof to mouth making sucking harder and I needed to get a longer teat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Jo she's just gorgeous... there is something about baby lips... ya just want to kiss them! I'm glad you are finally getting good feeds into her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is so cute!! Congrats once again!!

    ReplyDelete