Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Wednesday 6th August


The washing machine dilemma is over....
We have bought a new one.
Jeremy will pick it up tomorrow.
100% Electrical have a promotion on at the moment for Deferred payments until 2010, then no interest until 2011.
So, it was PERFECT!!!
It will pretty much be paid off in a few months, but I don't have that spare money until January, so the deferred payments are just brilliant!
AND........... I convinced Jeremy that I needed a 7.5kg one.
Now I will be able to do the sheets AND duvet cover together...
YAY!!!!

The kittens are just simply divine....
They are all trying to walk a bit now, so that is the cutest thing ever....
Char is definitely in season, and came home last night absolutely COVERED in mud - it was totally caked on, so god only knows what she had been up to!!
Dunno if she will do it again though, cos she was made to have a bath!!!
Yep - Jeremy gave the cat a bath.... funniest thing I have seen in a long time to be honest!
Those cats are his babies, and god forbid one of them is dirty!   lol
Anyway, we have decided not to let her have a litter, so I have to ring up today to get her booked in to be speyed.
And Asha will be right behind her, once she has finished feeding her kittens.
I'll be stuffed if I am going to put up with Tom cats howling around my house for weeks on end every few months!
NO BLOODY WAY!!!!

Work is crazy this week.
We are shifting to new offices this weekend, so everything has to be packed up and ready to go by Friday midday.
Bear in mind that Colgate have been in this building since almost the beginning of time (ok, since 1939 when the factory first opened) so there is literally TONNES of crap that has been sitting around for decades!  
In fact we opened a cupboard in my area a week ago, and there was a pile of old hand written ledgers from 1962!!!!
There are product samples dating back to the 70's that have been long forgotten in the back of cupboards, there are cupboards themselves that have been long forgotten in fact.
I have lost count of the number of skip bins we have filled, and we are now on a first name basis with the drivers for Document Destruction, as we have gone through about 54 of the big blue wheelie bins for confidential documents so far, with more to go.....
So the office is like a disaster zone, with boxes piled everywhere, and everyone is buzzing as it seems to have taken FOREVER to get to this point.
Since the manufacturing plant closed down over 12 months ago, we have been rattling around in this huge building, waiting ever so patiently for the big move....
And now it is upon us.
We are moving to an office block right in the centre of Lower Hutt, in fact, it is part of the huge Westfield Shopping Mall (so my credit card will be left at home permanently!!!) and our floor has been completely gutted, re-fitted and customised for us.
We will have everything brand new.  New desks, chairs, computers, phones, even right down to our in/out trays!!  
So yeah - it's exciting, and I can't wait.
But for now, trying to do work in this turmoil is virtually impossible!!!
But we look on the bright side.......... this time next week we will be sitting in bright new spacious offices, surrounded by modern decor and shiny new things, so I think I can get through the next couple of days!

1 comment:

  1. Oh how dangerous to be working right in the middle of the shopping mall - home sounds like the best place for the credit card!

    LOL @ giving the cat a bath, that would have been a sight. Glad to hear the kittens are doing well though, no doubt very entertaining, especially for Rhian.

    Hope the move goes well!

    ReplyDelete