Thursday, August 14, 2008

Thursday 14th August


The office move went really well.....
I was all packed up and ready to go by about 11am, so my boss said "See YA!" and told me to bugger off until it was time to meet at the bar for our Farewell drinks.
I didn't argue of course, so off I went!
We were supposed to meet at 2pm, but then I got a text from him to say it had been changed to 1pm.

I didn't have enough time to go home and back, so I kind of hung around, then I got a text from a workmate, and she suggested meeting even earlier at the bar - which is what we did!
I started drinking at midday, so you can imagine the state I was in by about 8pm, when I finally figured out where my phone was and how to use it to text Jeremy to tell him to come get me!
Turns out that there was a problem with sending texts from Vodafone to Telecom that night, and when Jeremy finally rang me to tell me that he was waiting outside, I drunkenly abused him for not replying to my texts!  hehehehe....
Oh yeah - and when we got home and my car wasn't in the driveway, I panicked and thought it must have been stolen!
To which Jeremy calmly replied "It's at the bar, you drunken fool - that is why I picked you up!"
Oooooopps!!!
Anyway, all of the texts that Jeremy sent me came through one by one the next morning, so I had to apologise profusely for accusing him of not replying to me!
Hehehehehe - what a messy drunk I am!


Saturday I took Rhian to a birthday party, so it meant a trip out to Upper Hutt to collect her, and then another back out there to drop her off again.
It was good though, cos it meant I got a chance to call in to Karen's Tupperware party and order a couple of bits that I didn't get when I was actually selling it.
Although I can't afford it...... Ah well, it's only money right??
Hahahaha....

Sunday was a quiet day, we got some house work done and that is about it!

Monday was the first day here in my new office, and I have to say it is bloody marvellous!!!!
I have a gorgeous gorgeous view.
I can see in to the city, I can see out over the Hutt Valley, and I can even see right up the Wainui Hill and how much traffic is on it!
Bloody perfect!!!!

Although along with the gorgeous view, comes the coldness of being surrounded by windows!!
But......... I'm sure that it will be fantastic in the summer!!!!

I have only been in to the mall twice so far this week.
Once for a coffee - we get subsidised coffee from one of the many lunch bar thingees down there.
And once to go to Woolworths yesterday to get a Curried Sausages mix for dinner last night.
Of course the Curried Sausages mix was $1.49, but I managed to spend an additional $22 on nothing much in particular!!!
Oh, a bottle of wine that was on special (Villa Maria down from $19.99 to just $9.99), some popcorn, a biscuit (oooops), a new bottle of water, and a bag of lollies for the communal lollie jar that seems to have followed me here from our old office!!!!!

I tell ya - I wont be going to the supermarket very often at all if that is what is going to happen every time I go there!
I'll be even broker than the broke thing that I am now!!!   lol

Actually - I have to go in to the mall today, cos I am off to check out a new wallet for myself for my birthday from my lovely mummy and sister Steph.
My old one is falling to bits, and I need a paper clip to undo the zip, so I think it is high time I got myself a new one.
And it is just perfect timing cos it is my birthday on Saturday - YAY!!!!

Oh yeah - speaking of birthdays.......... well not really..........
At the supermarket yesterday when I was buying my bottle of wine, the lovely (elderly and I'm picking somewhat blind or senile or both!!) check out chick, asked me for ID to prove that I was over the legal buying alcohol age!!!!!
How Sweet of her!!!
I didn't tell her that I was actually going to be DOUBLE the legal age on Saturday!!!   hehehehe
Yep - the big 36 - where the hell has the time flown to is what I wanna know!!!!

I have to make a cake tonight to bring to work tomorrow for my birthday.
I've picked out a Chocolate Fudge Cake recipe and have all the ingredients waiting at home for me, so it better turn out nice!!!

Righto - not a lot more to say........

I'm off to go wallet shopping!

3 comments:

  1. Sweetheart you didn't tell everyone the saga of the new washing machine....LOL :) Hope you finsd a wallet you like and stay out of the supermarket!!!!!
    Luv Ya Ma xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL at the text messages - our daughter was receiving some a day later - very confusing. Sounds like you had a fun 0outing.

    Have a great birthday:-) Hope you get spoiled.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear the move went well! Happy Birthday for Saturday, hope you have a great weekend! I turned 36 2 months ago and i'm still trying to get used to it ... lol

    ReplyDelete