Friday, August 1, 2008

Friday 1st August


Friday.... and I'm sick!
Just in time for the weekend!

Went to bed on Wednesday with a sniffly nose and a tickly throat.
Woke yesterday with a partially blocked nose and a itchy throat and a bit of a "Ahem" thing going on.
This morning I have a completely blocked nose and a cough.....
BRILLIANT TIMING JO!!!

Ah well, just as well we don't have any major plans for the weekend....
I might be able to relax and get rid of it before it eventuates in to anything worse!
Fingers Crossed!!!

I have Rhian this week, and she is just plain delightful.
She loves the kittens and goes to check on them when we get home, then she will go say "hello" to them a few times a night, then of course she has to say "Goodnight" to them at bed time!  And then when the morning comes, she has to check to make sure they are all there again.....
Too cute!

Not much more to say.....
I still hate winter and the rain....

Might have to visit the Launderette again this weekend - bugger it all...

My washing machine decided to stop pumping out water this week.
Everything else works fine, except the water pumping cycle.
I have to stand over it and keep resetting it so that it pumps all the water out before beginning the next cycle, and I really can't be arsed doing that!!
Luckily we have Jeremy's one, and we brought that in from out in the shed last night.
My one got loaded in to his ute to go to the Washing Machine Dr today.
Better not be too pricey to get fixed - I'm broke already and it's still 2 weeks until payday!!

God I HATE getting paid monthly!!!

I need a payrise

Or a second Job.

Or to win Lotto.

Bah humbug!!!

2 comments:

  1. I hear you with the monthly pays - seems the next pay day always takes FOREVER to come around! Hope you feel better soon, and the kitchens (and Rhian's reaction to them) are just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh monthly pays are just the PITS. I had that with a job many moons ago and I'm totally convinced that its harder to budget when being paid like that.
    I get paid fortnightly and it means that if something unexpected crops up that I have to spend money on NOW, its not too long until the next pay day rolls around, where as with monthly it always seems sooooo farrrrrr awayyyyyyy. lol
    I hope I NEVER have to go back to monthly pays, but a friend of mine gave me a tip that I must say did actually help. That was I put EVERYTHING I could on my credit card, which actually gave me up to 45 days interest free (depending on when I made the purchase) then when the bill came in I paid the whole thing off. The plus side of this was that after 3 years working for the company that paid monthly (and using this method of paying for things) I was actually able to take a free return flight to ozzy as I had spent enough on the car to accumulate sufficent airpoints for two adults return. Yipee. Some companies wouldn't let you pay bills on cc, but most things including power etc all got wacked on the cc. The trick is to pay it off straight away before interest kicks in.
    Even though I get paid fortnightly, I still pay for things this way. Another 12 months and I should have enough global points for another free ozzy trip.

    ReplyDelete