Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Tuesday 5th March 2013

The weekend away was fabulous!
True to form, I forgot the camera - even after setting myself reminders - and only managed to get a few shot son my phone...
Here we are:

I took a lovely pair of strappy high heeled sandals to go with my dress, but sadly my swollen feet and ankles had other ideas, so I had to resort to some other heels that I had taken with me "just in case".
Well, even those were difficult to get on and only lasted through the ceremony!
I gave in, and changed in to a nice comfy pair of black jandals!!
No one even batted an eyelid!

The wedding was just lovely, and everyone had a great time.

Jaynie LOVED staying with her Aunty Sonya, and I had absolutely nothing to worry about!
And they loved having her too - Double YAY!

We officially started playgroup today - it was fun - Jaynie raced around like a mad thing - it was so cute!
Music group starts on Thursday, so I am sure she will love that too!
Jaynie is definitely at the stage where she needs interaction with other kids - I'm just not enough for her any more  so it's good that we have managed to find these two great groups :)

Other news.... I had to get tough with my typing boss today, and although I felt completely uncomfortable with it, I did it anyway :(
I haven't been paid since the 27th December, and am still owed for invoices dating back to October last year!
A grand total of just under $5000 to be exact!
Yep - she owes me FIVE GRAND!!!
Of course she has been full of empty promises of payment, but so far I have seen two small payments, and not a lot more, except a LOT of requests for me to do urgent work.
Of course, I'm so bloody nice, that I say yes every time!
Well, Jeremy has had enough of me being walked all over, so last night we composed an email to her stating that I would not be doing any further work until the outstanding balance she owes me was cleared!
I'm not holding out much hope to be honest, which puts us in a crappy situation, because we are now in the shit financially!
With all the promises of payment, I believed her, and have pretty much spent the money already that she owes me......
ARGH!!!!
That'll teach me for being gullible I guess!

So..... anyone know of any jobs that I can do at home in my PJ's and work around the kids so that I don't take time away from them?
The absolute beauty of my typing job, was that I could do it at 2am if I wanted to!
It totally fitted around MY life, not the other way around.
And while I was getting paid regularly (most of last year) it was BRILLIANT!
But.... the boss lady got in to financial difficulty and can't pay her bills, so there is no point carrying on until she can.
I'm actually quite gutted, cos I enjoyed the work, and it made me feel that I was contributing something to the household....
SAD FACE :(

Rant over!
I need to go looking for that money tree now!


4 comments:

  1. I am glad you had a great time at the wedding.

    Bugger about not getting paid, I hope she comes to the party & pays up and soon. In the future, any work like that do not spend the money until you have it and make it clear that you expect to be paid on or before the 20th of the following month and if you are not, withold your services.

    Maybe you could advertise to similar businesses for work. I used to do a bit of typing up property manager reports for rental properties from their handwritten scrawls.

    Good Luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww you look gorgeous in that dress! And your hair colour is stunning at the moment too! That totally sucks about the job! I always think that employees should be the first to be paid even if other bills dont get paid. But I guess not much you can do about that but to look elsewhere. Good luck looking :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jo - is there any chance you could take the boss to the small claims tribunal to get your money? $5000 is nothing to be sneezed at and if you've got real invoices for real work done, I don't see how she can get away without paying you. What a nightmare.

    You look lovely in that dress.

    Susan in Dunedin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Damn! I wonder if you will ever get what she owes you? Sorry you are in this situation, all ya need!

    ReplyDelete