Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Wednesday 13th March 2013

It seems like I have nothing to say these days - hence the lack of updates!

We are off to another wedding this weekend, it is the second wedding of Pete's dad. (Brother in law's father), so we are all going....  it should be a bit of a laugh!
They are in their 70's and it's sweet :)

I have another dress to wear, totally bright and out there - I'm looking forward to not being a shrinking violet!  hehehe...
Photos will follow of course :)

it seems getting "tough" with my typing boss had little effect last week - in fact, it had no effect at all!
She still hasn't paid me anything, despite promising to pay outstanding invoices by the end of last week.
And... it gets worse!
I have heard from the girl who I actually found out about he job in the first place through, and it turns out that she is still waiting on payments from October & November last year as well.
She actually resigned in December to go on and do her own thing, but is still chasing the dollars owed to her.
Anyway, that's not the worst of it.
There are a few people now that have all worked for the same company, that are all waiting on outstanding payments, and they all got together and sent a collective letter, stating that they required payment within 5 days, or would proceed with a debt collection agency to recover the funds.
Basically the boss pretty much told them to go for it!
It's not looking good at all!
A couple of the girls are owed around $6,000 each, so add that to my $5,000 and lord knows how much more with other people - the boss lady is in a shit load of debt, and it looks like she has no intention of paying it!
But...... she is apparently advertising for new employees on seek.com!
Un-fucken-believable!!!

NOT HAPPY at all :(

5 comments:

  1. Sorry you got ripped off like that Jo, It happened to me once, but because I knew our local MP very well and was close friends with his chief of staff, they took action and I was the only one out of 6 staff members that got paid, I know that doesn't help you, but I thought if you know someone with some power they could help you too. Good luck Jo, I really hope you get paid

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you get in touch with Seek & let them know. Seems this woman makes a habit of doing this sort of thing. Hires someone, pays them initially then start making excuses until they finally they give up.

    I also suggest you get a lawyer to write to her & threaten to take her to court. I suspect she is not as broke as she is making out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that's horrible! I agree with Tracy, definately worth letting Seek know. And with getting a lawyer, there are employment lawyers out there who say you pay no commission to them if you don't get any money out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jo,

    That's terrible and she needs to be taken on. Yes, Seek should be told but also have you thought of checking in with the Law Society for advice? They will know where to refer you but also can give you low cost / cheap advice from what I understand about your best course of action. If it is ruled through the courts etc. that she owes you and others money they can enforce that if she is still trying to operate as a business.

    Good luck! Penny

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ditto what everyone has already said. And I would want to go and do something nasty to her fence! Graffitti is so rife nowdays eh?

    ReplyDelete