Friday, April 20, 2012
Friday 20th April 2012
I am the slackest blogger in the universe!!
Work is busy busy busy.... and I now realise just how good I had it with my old boss!
He was an absolute dream to work with compared to the new Scottish Git that I have to endure day in day out now.
But..... hopefully it wont be for too much longer!
The plan is that by September (at the very VERY latest) I will be able to leave work, take Jaynie out of daycare, and be a full time Stay At Home Mum!!
And I can tell you that I have never looked forward to anything, quite as much as I am looking forward to that!!
In the meantime, I have taken on more typing work, this time for a company in Australia, and it is transcribing audio files.
It's relatively easy, and I can do it at night and on weekends etc....
Some might call me crazy for taking on more.... but there is a reason......
When I leave full time work, I still want to keep my hand in so to speak, so this way, I can do typing when Jaynie is sleeping, and still spend her awake time devoted to being a great mummy!
In my last update, I spoke of some exciting stuff happening with Jeremy.
I still can't say too much (cos you never know who is reading), but hopefully in the next week or two I will be able to spill the beans so to speak...
At this stage, all I can say is that he has handed in his notice at his current job, and has another three weeks to work out there before starting on the new adventure.
Watch this space.....
My weight is still up and down the same 2 or 3 kgs, and although I know I need to reign it in, I seem to have lost all incentive to do so...
I'm in a great place in my life, and for the first time in forever, I'm not obsessed about the number on the scale and I love it!
The trick is though, not to become complacent and let the numbers creep higher and higher!
It's Rhian's 8th birthday in a few weeks time, and I need to get on to organising her party....
Luckily she doesn't want anything fancy, just a heap of friends to go to Junglerama, so that will be easy...
I know that next year she would have totally outgrown stuff like that, so my job will be tougher, but hey.... bring it on I say!
Righto - time to go and do some work, the Scottish Git is due back any second!
Have a great weekend everyone, and I'll be back ........ ummmm........ whenever??
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Nope! You could only be the second slackest blogger in the universe, because I am definitely the first! I remember Rhian being born! OMG - that just highlights how long this journey has been for us! Phew.
ReplyDeleteWow heaps of exciting stuff happening. I can't believe Rhian is almost 8!!!
ReplyDeleteDon't worry about those couple of kilos coming & going.....maybe your body is right where it is meant to be for now. I know that if you continue to eat well for your health all will be fine. :) Yep......have some wine too.... lol xoxo
ReplyDeleteoooh sounds like exciting stuff must be happening for you guys... so great... apart from the git at work (but every work place has one!!).
ReplyDeleteKate (kittie444@hotmail.com)
How exciting to be a stay at home mum!! I'm a stay at home Nana and love it. I hope everything goes as planned with Jeremy :)
ReplyDeleteHow do you get a typing job like that? Where do you even look?
ReplyDeleteHow neat that in a few months you can be at home with your wee baby girl... that will be so special. AND you can even think about another bub... I know how much you would like that.
ReplyDeleteWhat is your correct email address?
ReplyDeleteCareful Jo - This stuff is on the net and therfore in the public domain - and you mention the company you work for in other posts - and some of your comments re your boss could contravene your employment contract... Just Saying :)
ReplyDeleteOn the other hand I cannot belive Rhian is 8 OMG where did the time go ??
Dont be too stressed about the 2 or 3 Kilos - :)